5 tips for packing for the hospital or birth of your baby
One of the most exciting moments for me being pregnant is birth packing for the hospital. I want it to be perfect and I wanted to be as fashionable as possible. I know it's probably not going to be glamorous the moment my water breaks, but at least we have to try right?
So what are the must have items for your labor bag?
I was given a list of what expecting women should bring at the hospital by my OB. It is pretty good. It is divided by members of the family: mother-to-be, baby-to-come, and daddy-to-be.
For the expecting mother here some of the must items to pack:
1. A rob and gown (preferably one that opens in the front so you can easily breastfeed the baby). You also want to stay away from pants, because if your water breaks and that baby wants to come out those pants are in the way!!!
2. Hair accessories (headbands, hair pins). Given that you will be pushing and sweating, you probably want to keep your hair in place.
3. Snacks and drinks. Your hospital room will have a small fridge. Bring any snacks and plenty to drink for you and your hubby.
4. Any hygiene products (toothbrush, lip balm, contact lenses, shampoo, deodorant, make up). You don't know how long you will be at the hospital. You want to make sure you have everything you need.
5. Music, camera, and note pads. While in labor you might want to listen to some music to relax you. Your hubby will want to take pictures of the moment your child is born and it is always good to have a note pad to write any important information. Don't rely only on phones!! A good pen and paper should always be in your purse.
There are other items that you should pack, but I focus on few for the mom-to-be. You obviously don't have to pick everything pink or buy new items. Check out my list for packing for the hospital on your due date below and personalize it based on your needs and your style. Hope you enjoy and don't forget to follow my blog.