Must have Fashion Items when you are pregnant

, , 1 comment
Second Trimester Must Fashion Items

It is quite depressing at this time to go on a weekend shopping with your friends when you are pregnant. Forget about looking at cute tiny dresses because you can't even fit one of your boobs in it. But you can still get some fashionable items to show off and be comfortable during your second trimester.


1). At this point you really need a new bras or even more than one. I have changed 3 sizes so far going to Victoria's Secret every week. The other week I bought two new bras, by the time I got home my boobs had grown already. True story. Then I got measured again at the store and I was told that the style I had selected the previous week (when my boobs were slightly smaller) was not available in my new size.  So the lesson is buy a new supportive bras during your second trimester and go for something fun and sexy like the bras at Victoria's Secret. You are not at the breast feeding phase yet, for that you will need to go for a maternity bras. If anyone has suggestions please let me know.

2). I bought a small J.Crew cardigan that shapes my belly (shown in the picture). I figured given that I am big I should show my belly and shape more. I tried a very floaty dress by BCBG at Dillards and it looked horrible on me. It was yes floaty and roomy but just because you have a belly it does not me you need to look like a watermelon. It was the one below:

NOT FLATTERING ON PREGNANT WOMEN // BCBG MAXI DRESS 

3). Big necklaces: everything is big so even your accessories must match with your new proportions. Get yourself chunky bracelets or a statement necklace. You will be able to use these accessories even when pregnancy is over. I bought this one at J.Crew Factory and it was 40% off.



Now I need a nap. Ah!

My Sunday Outfit: J.Crew cardigan bought at J.Crew Factory; Urban Outfitters cotton skirt (just something I had for years that I don't care to stretch out); an Anthropologie bracelet; and vegan pink nail polish, which I love.

If you are reading this and you are pregnant I would love to hear from you. Share your fashion tips, struggles and laughs.


1 comment: