Week 31 Pregnancy: A look back at pregnancy

, , No Comments
In two months I will be officially done with my pregnancy. Looking back I have not done 1/3 of all the fabulous things I had always envisioned myself doing. This included taking pictures every month of my belly next to a chalk board with the number of weeks displayed on it, numeral glorious pictures of my fashion style and bump, glorious pictures of my glow, and of course step by step pictures of the baby room, baby blankets I sew or knitted.

As I thought I would diligently record every and any steps of my journey to show one day to my baby, I never really realized how tired and unmotivated I would feel and how much work taking pictures and staging these pictures would be. Most of the days unless I am at work I look like shit. I barely put make up on or brush my hair - I know it is ironic because I have a fashion blog and love fashion. But the only way I feel good is to be bare naked in my house- well almost- my shoes are too small to wear and when I wear my clothes I feel I am a burrito and I am the condiment inside. Talking about burrito now I am craving Chipotle. Ah the pregnant issues :)

As my life gets full with other things (work, setting up doctor's appointments, getting the home ready, figuring out maternity leave at work, insurance change, bills, etc) setting up time to record fashionable moments are suddenly not a priority. I know it should not be an excuse to 'let go' but I don't feel my life need to be recorded at every 5 seconds like the many bloggers we all see on Instagram. Of course I would think differently if I was not pregnant or maybe if I did not have a full time job. The last trimester is just when you want shit to be done. You want to be over, get back your body, your diet, your fitness routine.




A look into the making of the baby room

Let me tell you something about cribs. I went to Jacksonville few months ago to shop for a crib or baby bed. I walked into Pottery and Barn Kids and a nice gentleman explained to me the functionality of a really nice crib on sale for $399. I thought what a great deal you get a bed to use at least for 5 years. Apparently I did not understand that a crib is useless because your child will really not use it that often and will have long legs sooner than you think. I also did not know the difference between crib and bassinet. Why do you need all these stuff for such a short period of time? I don't understand how people spend money on this stuff. So, I went on Ikea and ordered one of their crib and I am really satisfied. I am not getting a bassinet. I got a play and pack and will use that or my stroller came with a bassinet. And just for info, Ikea cribs are also environmental friendly and non-toxic.  If you want more info on what baby products are not toxic this blog post is pretty good, The non Toxic Nurse

0 comments:

Post a Comment