What Make up to Wear When it is Humid and Hot

, , No Comments
photo by Mallory Brooks


Wow! These past two weeks have been insane. I have been so busy with my blog that I have been working at night just to reply to requests and schedule appointments. This is very exciting but also very scary. I finally have given in and created a Twitter account just for Fashion For Real People @FashionFRP. Please stop by and say hi. I would love to hear more from my readers. Mallory and I have been spending a lot of time together taking our photography (hers) to the next level and also enjoying some wine and art talks. Next week we are doing a photo shoot for Curio, a vintage store located in RailRoad Square. I don't want to spoil what we will be doing in the next weeks but trust me you need to check that place out and mention my name to Jackie the owner. Anyway, keep checking the blog for more on Curio.

In the meantime I wanted to share the other pictures from the last photoshoot with Mallory and also tell you how miserable it has been shooting at 97 degrees. This prompts me to talk about summer make-up tips and answer a pretty simple question: How do you get your makeup to stay in Florida in the summer?

1. Use a primer:
You probably need a primer for your face as well as your eyes. I was not into primers at first because I felt they clogged my pores, but that was because I found out later that you need to buy a primer with the same base of your foundation. This means if you use a water-base solution for your foundation your primer needs to be water-based as well. SmashBox has a collection of primers. I actually want to try one of their kits.





2. Use OIL FREE products:
Avoid any heavy foundation or make up that clogs your pores. This includes also powders. If you want to set your make up use Model in a Bottle, my friend recommended it and used it for her wedding. If you don't live in Florida you won't understand. You just can't wear the amount Kim Kardashian wears otherwise you will see strains and accumulation of your foundation on your face the size of Mount Everest. The next day you will break out and have zits and black heads all over your face. Opt for oil-free products especially a tinted moisturizer that has SPF and some level of coverage. Skinceuticals makes the best products for summer skincare. This should be your only face product. If you need a concealer I would suggest using a liquid one, not a crayon.  Revlon has a primer/highlighter that works really well as a concealer and highlighter.

BANANA REPUBLIC BAG & SKIRT // COLE HAAN SHOES // BLOUSE MARSHALLS

3. Ditch powder make up:
Replace powder eyeshadows with mousse/cream blush. I use Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for lips and cheeks. They work magic because they give you that natural, kissed by the sun look. Even the blog LoveStyle by Bon-Ton suggests swapping out powder for cream blush.

















4. Less is better: Instead of covering your face with make up, take care of your skin by getting a professional peeling. You will feel much better and fresh when you have to deal with humid conditions. Hope this helps, enjoy the rest of the pictures.


0 comments:

Post a Comment