Fall Fashion Trends

, , No Comments

It is getting to feel like fall in north Florida, although we had temperature in the high 80s... but as soon as it gets to 70 I am ready to wear fall clothes. Fall fashion trends this year are pretty straightforward: a lot of fur accessories and blazers, leather, flare jeans and pants, anything 70s style, gigantic weird earrings, chunky knit sweaters and dresses and black. I love fall clothes for the reason being that I can recycle what I already have in my closet and invest in few good quality pieces. This year I bought Frye leather sneakers and a leather jacket. Fall also is very forgiving if you have extra pounds to hide. Everyone looks well put together and stylish. It is very easy to look elegant and fancy in the fall and on a low budget. For example, I paid $20 for those plaid wool shorts. My black purse was probably bought back in 2012 and the white sweater is from Banana's Republic last year.


Beside fall fashion I wanted to discuss and remind my readers what this blog is about. This comes at a very special moment when there seems to be an anti-fashionistas movement who has revealed that everything these bloggers show is fake. While I am glad people are coming forward for some reasons I feel no empathy. I created this blog for the same reason for which these people are now getting more public attention. I created the blog to display that being fashionable can be achieved by real people and that our imperfections make us beautiful and fashionable. I also created this blog to show that busy moms or tired professional women can and should still look presentable and not end up in pjs when going out. I just read today that this model stopped posting glamorous pictures of herself and instead posted for 7 days so 'called unpleasant pictures' (no make up, normal day pictures). She initially lost 3K followers but then gained 100K and people praised her for being like regular people. That to me is fake. I don't understand why as women or men or people only like the glamour pictures, the photos that look like any other 'cool' photos out there. If it is a picture outside those parameters nobody likes it. But the moment that glamorous person tries to be the rebellious regular person everyone switches again and changes their minds on what they like. Seriously what is wrong with people? There is indeed a theory, groupthink theory which claims that if you put a bunch of people in one room to discuss a topic, they will all start thinking the same.  (I totally simplified the all theory but you get the concept). I feel this is what is happening with fashion bloggers and instagram. We are not unique or authentic as marketers tell millennials are. We are the opposite of unique, we have no creativity because we stole it from the trend setter and then we just replicated the same style everyone likes. Have you noticed that all food pictures and kitchen decor photos are taken on white marble? They must have run out of Marble di Carrara based on all these photos. And what's up with gold mugs, gold pens, gold papers, gold everything...What is going to happen when we switch back to chrome and we will look back at the year that kitchy cheap gold was a trend like wall paper in the 70s?


I am a little tired and nauseated by what is happening out there in the world of fashion. I am not inspired by much as everything looks the same and it is hard to find the creative people. I know they are there, hidden by all this white marble. On a positive note, I did meet some great fashionistas last night. I decided to step it up a little bit and become a Florida blogger representative for Tallahassee, which means getting to know people, supporting real bloggers with real stories. I think I said enough today with my fashion fall trends and my blah story about fashion bloggers these days.

[All photos by Mallory Brooks at www.mallorylbrooks.com. All content on this site is all right reserved by Ginevra Adamoli. Do not republish the content without permission.]

0 comments:

Post a Comment