If you like to try out a bunch of organic skincare products whether your skin is prone to acne or dry, Whole Foods is running a really great deal beginning March 18. They will be selling a beauty bag with a variety of products including organic lipstick, organic toner, organic mascara, etc. for the price of $15. The bag retails for $80. This is an amazing deal. If you have been using already organic skin care products like Burt's or Mineral Fusion, you know they are not cheap. I am already planning to get a bunch of these bags for friends!!
Here is what you get in the bag. I got to have a preview. So if you want to know a good organic skincare brand take a look!
1. Mineral Fusion Mascara: My friend Brigette has been using their products for a while now. You can get them a Whole Foods and Earth Fare if you have one locally. Why she swears by it? "I don't like to put more chemicals on my face than I need to. Especially when we already spend so much time trying to restore our skin" Brigette.
2. Weleda: This is a company that is well known in Italy. Their line of children's natural products is really good. It is very pricy in the States depending on the product, but if you ever get to go to Europe go to a pharmacy and fill your suitcases with these products. I recommend the Skin Food Creme Nutritive for winter times or if you have dry skin. I love how it smells. It reminds me of summers spent on the Mediterranean Sea. Avoid if you have oily skin or are prone to acne. I like to use it at night before I go to bed.
3. Trilogy: This is a new product for me, so I will probably review it separately in few weeks. I like to try new products for a while before really deciding if they are worth or not. You will get an oil that is said to brighten and increase elasticity. Can't wait to try it out.
4. Derma e: Their charcoal masks are a nice alternative to mud masks. It is made with algae and activated charcoal. I use these masks only when I have blackheads and I am in need of a detox for my skin. Another trick to use this mask is that if you have a zit put a small amount on this mask on it, leave it all night there and in the morning wash it off. Your zit should have disappeared.
5. ACURE: Poor minimizing scrub. I never used this one, but it is something that regularly use in the summer time to maintain my pores cleaned. Again, I think I will use it for few weeks and see how I like it.
6. EvanHealy: Rose Facial Toner reminds me of what my grandmother and later I used to use to clean our skin. At the times the most famous rose water was just in a beautiful blue bottle that you could buy at the grocery store. Santa Maria Novella has its own version. Evanhealy adds geranium which makes it refreshing to use. I dig this product especially as it is getting warm out.
7. MyChelle: Perfect C Serum. My friend and dermatologist have been encouraging me to use some type of C serum for a while now. I tried another brand a while back but I truly was not sure if it worked. I think I was doing it wrong because after talking to MyChelle they gave me some great tips to maximize the effect. Use it in the morning on clean skin. Then apply SPF! It is supposed to reduce fine lines.
8. Dr. Hauschka: Soothing Cleanising Milk. This is a great product if you have allergies and can't use fragrant products. It does contains alcohol in case your skin is too sensitive for that too. I don't know much about milk so again another organic skin care product I need to try for few weeks.
9. Burt's. I love their products. I use them for my daughter so I am already a fan. I have been wanting to try their lipsticks for a while and finally I got to do so. They are awesome. They are very soft, will provide you some pigmentation but it is not over the top. This is so far my favorite product of their line.