Healthy Avocado Dressing for Zucchini Carpaccio

, , No Comments


What do you do if you have too many avocados around your house? You make a delicious avocado mayo or avocado dressing - a healthy avocado dressing. I started searching through Pinterest to get some inspiration and soon enough I came across Tiffany's recipe from Creme de La Crumb's food blog. You know that I like to try recipes from other sites and then write about them, so this was just another opportunity. Let me tell you she is a genius! This is one of my favorite and easy healthy recipes, especially if you are trying to cut on carbs like pasta or meat. You can't go wrong. I can see how this avocado dressing can be used for zucchini spaghetti, as a spread for sandwiches and also as an avocado pasta sauce. I am posting the exact ingredients from Tiffany's recipe below, with notes on what I did differently. I encourage you to visit her site to see more of her delicious recipes.
INGREDIENTS
  • 2-3 large or 3-4 small zucchinis. [Gin's notes: I bought them already cut in spiral at Whole Foods. They cost between $5.00 and $8.00. Well worth the money). 
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 2 avocados [I added 2.5 to get a creamy denser dressing]
  • juice of 1 lime
  • large handful of cilantro (about ⅓ cup loosely packed)
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic OR 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
  • ¼ teaspoon black pepper
  • ¼ cup olive oil
  • water, as needed [This helps if you want to have a liquid dressing, otherwise retain from water if you want a more mayo consistency.]
  • I added half tomatillo and it turned out to be a great addition. I just had it around the house. 

Preparation
I used the food processor, but you could use your blender or hand mixer. Put all ingredients together except for the water.  Mix together until super smooth. If it is too dense add water a little at the time. Taste for salt and pepper.

Place the zucchini (raw) (already cut from Whole Foods) into a large bowl or a plate. Pour the avocado dressing or avocado mayao(however you want to call it) on top of the zucchini spaghetti. You can use a spoon and just put a big spoon of the avocado dressing on top of your zucchini. Pour the remaining dressing in a small bowl in case your guests want to add more.

That's it. Again, I can't rave enough about this recipe. It's healthy, low in calories, delicious, vegan, and just perfect. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment