Cocoon.

, , 7 comments
The book is done. Well, through the first round of edits and has been printed out for the first time... all 153 pages of it [single spaced]. I chilled a bottle of champagne to toast myself, but left it in the fridge and passed out on the sofa watching "The Informant". My mind, and subsequently my wardrobe, have been cocooning. I've been thinking of nothing but these characters, unless the real world [ahem, my job] forced me to do otherwise, and have been wearing nothing but leggings and warm sweaters. I feel like my the 15 year old version of my husband that wore the same outfit every day for two years. My fashion statement has been my lack there of.

A peak inside my mind:

























Wearing black leggings, black crocheted and fringe tank dress from H&M, grey mystree sweater from Anomaly, and black Dolce Vita moto boots.

[If you're curious about any of the images, just ask.]

7 comments:

  1. I am curious about the one on the boulder and the one in the tent...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boulder is a photo taken from http://www.classicbuffalo.com/WNYOutdoors/WestsideOverlandTrail.htm and is an image from the Fred J. Cusimano Westside Overland Trail.

    The picture in the tent was taken from itsathird's Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/itsathird/3395761583/. No description was given.

    Or did you want to know why I chose them? Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your posts, especially when you talk about what's going on visually in your mind....or at least a visual reflection of your state of mind.

    I have dreams every night about taking prelims. I see myself typing but from the perspective of third person. Someone behind me, observing me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i once had a dream like that, gin. i was taking a nap and i dreamt i was standing in the doorway of the room looking at myself taking a nap. or maybe that was an out of body experience? haha. i dont know, but it was strange.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is why I love Being John Malkovich.

    ReplyDelete