New Year Resolutions: A Reflection

, , No Comments

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
So here we go again. It is the new year and we all write down goals we want to accomplish. According to a study I read the other day, the most common goal for new year is hitting the gym or/and losing weight. So we all rush to the gym and we run on the treadmill, our elbows touching the other 100 sweaty elbows who joined the gym at the same time. Then we hit Valentine's Day and we never go back to the gym or our healthy diet. So why do we even bother setting up unrealistic goals? We set up for failure, don't we? This is why I started working out at BodyTrac the week of Thanksgiving. Crazy I know, but a date should not matter when you are trying to change something in your life. Plus, after 10 months of pregnancy I was ready to be active. (you can read about my pregnancy on here).

Now, I did have my cupcakes which did not help, of course, but I feel very good about my small achievements. What I need to work on in January is my diet. This is my resolution. I eat healthy but I am not consistent. I like my wine, bread, and pasta, oh and my chocolate. I also have a problem with the so-called diet recipes because they are so boring. I love food. I love cooking, preparing it, inviting friends for dinners. For me eating is a special occasion. A smoothie or sad poached chicken won't satisfy me.

In search for fun recipes I ordered the Kayla's Help Guide. If you don't know who Kayla is shame on you. She is the rock star of Instagram right now for getting girls to lose weight and gain muscle the right way.  I bought her online food guide as well as work out. If you are interested January 5th she is doing a #kaylamovement: whoever wants to change using her program will post pictures of their progress on Instagram motivating each other. Of course my friend and I are doing it. I hope this program will give me the kick I need to be consistent with my 'healthy eating.' #nomorecupcakesforgin.

If your goal includes working out and eating yummy recipes, then follow me because I will be posting recipes, yummy recipes that do not look like diet recipes. I will also discuss my progress going to the gym at Body Trac and also using Kayla's program. We shall see. Subscribe to my channel on Instagram.

0 comments:

Post a Comment