Two Rights Make Something More Right.

, , 6 comments
This morning I tried to will myself into wearing something I haven't worn in a long time [or ever, there are a few of those]. It didn't work out. I just wasn't in the mood to be so innovative. Tonight I am going to spend some time coming up with a few outfits on that front so I will have a supply of pre-planned "new" looks. The morning is not my brightest hour.

I ended up going with two pieces of clothing that I love [three if you count the jeans], but have never worn together. I figured it was still innovative, but still comfortable, mentally. [Mental comfort can be a crucial element to my dressing, sometimes.]

 

[caption id="attachment_363" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Day 21."][/caption]

 

Loved Item #1: Rose colored jersey button down top with frilly sleeves from The GAP.

Loved Item #2: Rose, brown and cream colored wool vest with satin underlay by MOTH [Anthropologie].

My brain never put these two things together before now. But, voila! I love the combination.

 

[caption id="attachment_364" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="The husband posed this one. "][/caption]

 

Husband was all, "Put both hands in your hair. Now look up. Yeah, just like that." Geez.

Also wearing my Silence + Noise high waisted jeans. They are a major staple in my wardrobe. Camel lace up booties from Forever 21. And yes they are comfortable. So there. [Relatively speaking.]

 

[caption id="attachment_365" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Secret Agent Marco."][/caption]

 

And this is Marco. He is stealth-like. He tore out of the back door before anyone could stop him. Nothing and no-one can separate him from the lush foliage of our backyard.

6 comments:

  1. I love the picture with your cat. ahahha. I love love love the boots. How much did you pay for those? The store in Tally does not have shoes. Man. I want them. I am obsessed with shoes lately. ahahhah

    ReplyDelete
  2. they were only $26!!!! i love forever21. haha.

    our addictions are becoming more pronounced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, there are becoming more pronounced now that we are in withdrawal. ahahhahahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this shot of marco!! i love the bend in his tail. its going to be great to come home and visit all my cat friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Research Team,

    Are you tracking quantitative data related to your project or is it strictly qualitative in nature?

    BD

    ReplyDelete
  6. perhaps gin will have a different answer, or could elaborate, but most of our "research" is qualitative. other than perhaps to see if our bank accounts suffer less, i am not sure i could quantitatively measure the psychological effect of not consuming material items [of this kind] and attempting to discover just how useful my past consumerism has been. since we are only wearing each outfit once it is hard to measure even which items we own that are most beneficial, although i do think there is some of that coming out. there will undoubtedly be items in my closet at the end of this i never wear, and there will be items i wear more consistently, although in different ways. in which case, i might learn how to shop better! still not entirely sure how i could quantitatively measure our success, other than to not cheat! if we make it all 91 days, i will say we have succeeded. if we learn something valuable about consumption and use and the effects of capitalism on the psyche... well all the better.

    xohil

    ReplyDelete