Post Baby Before and After Photo: 12 weeks recap

, , No Comments
Week 12 is over. (It was over 2 weeks ago but I did not have time to post) This symbolizes the end, the 'reveal' of my work out program to get back in shape after having my baby. I thought I would share some background info and a brief summary of my journey.

I started working out right before Thanksgiving 5 times a week doing 30 minutes cardio and 30 minutes weight training. My diet has not been perfect but I definitely eat/ate healthy and organic. I just can't find myself to optimize the diet to achieve more definition on my body because I have said this many times: I like my wine and pasta.

During pregancy I gained 46-50 pounds. I lost about 20 after giving birth and within the first week but I was left with an extra 30 pounds. When I started working out after 6 weeks of giving birth (this is what doctors recommend) I checked in at 144.2. I had not worked out during pregnancy, due to complications, so I was out of shape in so many ways. I was also breastfeeding when I started working out, which demands more calories and energy. I had problems with my back which prevented me from even lifting my own baby. 

I decided to go back to Body Trac, which focuses on group training. You get the attention of a personal trainer but you don't pay all the big bucks. I knew I needed the motivation otherwise I would have not done it myself.  The staff also does an initial body assessment and measures even your metabolism rate. Based on your rate, weight, life style etc they calculate how many calories you are supposed to eat, burn and how long to expect changes or weight loss. We set up a goal of 120 with calories intake at 1500 for a 12 weeks duration. We also took measurements of my body because the scale is not the most appropriate way of measuring success in many cases. 

The initial measurements (in inches) were: (before starting the program)

Waist: 34
Legs: 20
Arms: 14
Weight: 144
% Fat: 37

After 12 weeks of consistency here my results:
Waist: 26.7
Legs: 20
Arms: 9
Weight: 133
% Fat: 33


Here the pictures: Remember that I did not start working out until the 6th weeks after having Olivia, but for the sake of it I wanted to show you how I looked. You can see that after delivery you still look pregnant. This is normal as your body is slowly adjusting. Also the after baby body picture is from week 13th because I did not work out week 12th.


This second picture is from week 0 to week 12 of working out at Body Track. My diet did not change much (I need to work on that now). This was all about consistency and being active at least one hour a day (Sunday rest). 

And here a picture of the front. Is it amazing how malleable our bodies are? We should all love our bodies no matter the size and just focus of being strong and healthy. This picture shows week 0 of working out versus week 13. Here you have it - my progress so far and my before and post baby body pictures. Not too bad right? 





0 comments:

Post a Comment