Sheer Nude Hosiery or pantyhose

, , 2 comments

Sheer Nude Pantyhose: a big question among women these days. Are pantyhose IN or OUT?

It seems that there is always a debate in fashion whether pantyhose are in or out. Personally and this is just my opinion I would NEVER wear sheer nude pantyhose. They are cheap, fake, old-fashioned, awkward and just UGLY. Not only that but when I see sheer nylons pair with denim shorts and boots in the winter time I just want to rip them off. Here my personal tips on pantyhose.

1. FIRST RULE: If you don't live in Florida, don't try to be Floridian when there is snow outside your house and 30 degree or below. Leave the shorts for the summer and the sheer pantyhose for weddings.

Picture courtesy of Robyn The Bank

2. Avoid wearing miniskirts and minidresses in the winter if you are not in Florida. Opt for dark pantyhose that will go with a warm sweater and warm boots over cold winter days. Again leave the summer fashion for summer.

3. If you are under 30s you should never wear sheer/nude hosiery. You have beautiful legs only for few more years, show them off, don't be a granny.

4. You are 30 years old and older: your legs might have imperfections. Ok I understand. At this age you should probably avoiding mini skirts and opt for something more classy, so you can still avoid nude/sheer pantyhose.

5. When to wear them? It's your wedding day, your gown is long, you just need some pantyhose to put everything in place. Opt for Victoria's Secret or any seamless sheer pantyhose.

6. You live in England, you will never see the sun or have hot summers. It's ok to wear them. When I lived in London this was the only time I felt comfortable wearing nude pantyhose with sandals. Oh geeh it was painful though..... But I have noticed all women worn them.

7. You have an office job. For professional women who wear skirt suits it is appropriate to wear sheer pantyhose. You are not trying to be sexy or edgy with pink or dark navy hosiery. Check the employees' s handbook to see what is considered appropriate or not.

8. You are a celebrity and faraway pictures look good no matter what (horrible outfit high heels and shorts and sheer pantyhose? Really? When is the next show?) - Sorry Beyonce, not your best look with denim and sheer nylons.

Sheer Hosiery - www.thechicfashionista.com





















 John Stillwell/WPA Pool/Getty Images, TOBY MELVILLE/AFP/Getty Images, Dave M. Benett/Getty Images

9. You are Kate and the Queen does not allow you to be 'naked' unless your nipples are on the front cover of any British tabloids. But look at the last picture, really? Shining legs? Am I some sort of X-men?

photo: http://www.gofugyourself.com/scrolldown-fug-katherine-heigl-10-2012
10.  I am in my 30s but I want to look like my grandma'. Opt for a black sheer pair of pantyhose or go bare legs. You are not wearing any pantyhose on your arms, why doing that to your legs?














So the answer is always NO, with few exclusions. Please don't make me take your picture with shorts, pantyhose and a winter jacket. It ain't cool girls.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't disagree more. Sheer quality nude nylons make my outfits more elegant, classy, and chic. When wearing a skirt, suit, or dress, I always wear nylons to complete the look and give my outfit a more feminine look. Bare legs are so tacky unless you are in shorts or a sundress. Whenever I am in heels and nylons, I always get compliments and looks, especially from men. Hosiery haters need to get off their soapbox and realize elegance and style are back in! Thank you Kate M!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Tami. You are choosing only examples that support your claim. Also, I see a number of fallacies in this article: Pantyhose is not always work to make your look like you have a tan. If you choose the wrong color, you will look like a grandma but if you choose the right one, it will add class to your outfit. Personally, black, half-sheer pantyhose are much worse. They call unnecessary attention to the leg and can distract for the overall balance of the outfit. The problem with the grandma look as you call it is the cheap kind of hosiery. If you choose the nice ones by Calvin Klein, DKNY, or any better company than walmart pantyhose, you would be surprised how much class it would add to your outfit. I am not saying that the examples you provided are not valid. However, you are clearly using examples of people with no class or no fashion sense: shorts, sandals and puffy jacket are examples you should not be striving for. As for Kate. You are showing pictures of her with "shiny" pantyhose but if you look at her dresses, they have a shine to them. I think it is important to choose the right quality pantyhose that goes well with your skin tone. I am sure that as fashionista, you are able to find some good examples. I opt for nude but not shiny most of the time. I wear mine for formal events and to the office because bare legs can be very tacky...

    ReplyDelete