All about leather bags, clutches, and purses

, , No Comments
Week 6

Last few years had been really bad in terms of design for purses. I did not buy a single bag because I did not like any and of course Coach was too expensive for a student on  a budget. All the purses I bought at cheap stores made out of plastic from China broke, so I had been left with an old leather Italian oversize bag my mother bought me at a 'mercato' in Forte dei Marmi. That bag my friend is about to retire. My other Sisley leather messenger bag died after stuffing it with a laptop and a 500 pages dissertation. The point is that we are women. We need durable yet fashionable purses.

Here is my list of 2013 bags that I just can't stop wanting. I had a longer list but I need to start with something. You will notice that I am a big fan of Coach. It's an American company well-known for leather items. The leather actually comes from Italy. I had bought shoes and purses and the quality is amazing. their vintage selection on Ebay is reasonable priced and in great shape. Don't buy their trench coats. A $500 waste of money. It looked adorable until the colored leather faded all over with the contact of rain. Yep. It was a rain coat.

If you can't afford the pricy Coach purses or Gucci or Fossil (amazing leather), you could go to forever 21. Their new collection is amazing looking. They replicated some of the designer icon items for $34. You just can't beat that, but be aware their stuff will last one year max. Even Zara purses' collection sucks. Their looking leather bags are fake, after few times of wearing them the thin layer of leather comes off and you end up looking like a confetti. I am so tired of crap and yet when we are on a budget what are we supposed to do?

Look for sales if you live in the United States, but also if you are in Italy check out websites and check their shipping fees. Maybe you can get some friends to split the cost. Asos is a European fashion online store. Their sale section is amazing. I just bought a purse (well my friend gave it to me as a gift, but I was there when she bought it) from Banana Republic 40%. That is another high quality store for leather bags. In fact they usually cost $220 a piece. Marshalls and TJmaxx I still find them to be expensive for purses. Yes, they offer half price or even 70% but everything I like is $150.

Best luck on your search for the perfect and durable leather bag.  If you have a favorite brand let me know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment