Meet fashionista from Italy-Australia: Moni Diaries

, , 5 comments


I am very excited for this entry. I have met another fashionista few weeks ago through my cousin Valentina and decided to do a collaborative piece on fashion.

Monica is originally from Italy but lives in Australia. Her blog, The Moni Diaries takes you through her journey in Australia as well as beautiful trips to Italy. She definitely brings the classic Italian style into her life: her wardrobe does not lack designers like Gucci, Armani, and Dolce & Gabbana and her Monica Bellucci look definitely makes us want to dress like her.

What I did for this entry is that I decided to look through her blog, which I religiously follow and created a look based on her personality, style, and items she wore. This is my take on her style and how to replicate it. See what you think.




Asos Leggings; Asos top; Leopard bikini; Gucci Bag at selected store; Armani shoes; Blue Marine Orange top.

I also wanted to show you some of the pictures and entries from her blog that I most enjoyed.


Is she amazing or what? I love the dress, the necklace, the hair and make up. To me this is Italian style or moda italiana, perhaps something we have lost in the past years, preferring casual clothing over sexy and well put together. Not that you have to be sexy all the times, but more a glorification of the body and feeling comfortable in your shoes. Again leave your sweat pants at home.


Monica is wearing: Richmond dress, Armani Collier, and Dolce & Gabbana shoes. You can read more about this entry here.

I asked Monica 4 questions about fashion:
Describe your style: I don't like to categorize my style into one fashion label. I select different items from different style from vintage to chic to bohemian. I guess I would refer to my style as casual chic if I really had to.
Favorite Designer: Chanel because she has inspired and revolutionized women. Armani because he represents elegance.
Describe Australian fashion and style: It's hard to adapt to Australian style. The style is casual and at times lacks quality, quality we are used to in Italy (e.g. cashmere and leather). I am becoming more interested in Australian fashion especially for Wish as I live here longer.
Name an accessory that should be in all female closet: A pair of Louboutin shoes. 

Other Australian brands:
Bec & Bridge
Be an e-tailPR blogger

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful post...I really like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. I ll check ur blog. I think I am on bloglovin too. Did you find me there?

      Delete
    2. and don't forget to follow the blog on the right side there is a join all google followers or subscribe. Thanks

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the follow,dear.^^
    Follow you back on bloglovin and gfc,too.
    Do you also follow me on gfc?
    Lovely greets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not familiar with gfc. Did you find me on bloglovin? I am kind of new on the fashion blogging scene. I am slowly learning. It takes so much time. This week I am trying to figure out how to add social media icons to the site. ahhah Keep in touch.

      Delete