Cleanse.

, , 6 comments
Stuff. Last night I got rid of lots and lots of stuff.



Actually, it was all stuff I really liked. Clothes I was given as gifts for birthdays, the first piece of clothing my husband ever bought me, clothes from long travels abroad, clothes I wore hiking in North Carolina, clothes made by my fashion designing best friend forever, or my favorite dresses from college. Clothes I wore at major moments in my life like Justin's concert in Myrtle Beach at the House of Blues [an outfit bought on the side of the road on the drive up there], clothes I wore to my friend's bachelorette party, to my first day of work. Clothes I loved loved loved, but that never looked good on me, yet I still kept in case one day, miraculously, I woke up with a new body that looked right in that long green tweed pea coat.

It was kind of emotional getting rid of these things. There are so many memories attached to the things we wear. I have already cleaned out my closet a few times in the past year and was only left with the clothes I really loved or that had sentimental value. A lot of sentimental value. Who knew I was so damn sentimental?

Last night I cleaned out half of the "stuff" in my closet.



Wuzzup Ma? Can I helpz?

Notice the large box [covered in the cool sun and star print sarong] in the bedroom that is filled with stuff from the last round of cleansing. Just double that and it's about what I have sitting in my guest bedroom right now, ready to be swapped or sold or donated. I feel like I am saying goodbye to my past, in a way. The old me. Or a me I used to wish I could be. Or a me I was, but I don't need to keep the clothes as a reminder.



Today I wore green cargo pants, cream tank, this delicious hand painted floral print vest, suede jacket and tan lace up booties. It's hard to see the outfit here, but it was the end of the day. I was lazy. You CAN see my awesome cats though. They are so cute.

 

 

6 comments:

  1. i did that this weekend too!! Beautiful free of clutter closets, and a guest room with 5ish brown grocery bags full of clothes and shoes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. We can officially open a store:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously! haha. it's actually kind of sad how many clothes i had that i didnt use/need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. one of my favorites! hi kitties!

    ReplyDelete