Social Media might only be a trend in our history

, , No Comments
My family has been here in the States since April 28. My parents, uncle and aunt, cousin + bf came to stay with me. We decided to take a trip to Boston, rent a car to go to Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island and back to MA. I think I drove 2000 miles. Back in Fl we went to Saint George Island, Apalachicola, Jacksonville, Havana, Thomasville, etc. During this never-ending traveling I barely used the computer, my iPhone and all the superfluous stuff that comes with those devices. I am referring to checking Fb, Twitter, or even blogging. I know of the utility of these media, but at the same time I realized I survived without them. I did not need to know what my friend were doing every second, and I did not care to read the same information about Osama Bin Laden on each newsfeed I subscribed to. We are enslaved by a fast pace technology, but we can also free ourselves and physically socialize. I wonder if social frenzy is just going to be a historical trend.

Going back to my outfits, the North is COLD. No, cold is actually nice to say. It was freezing: windy, rainy, wet, and cold. I wore the same clothes for 10 days, trying to make different outfits from the same clothes. Here the outfits:



Tallahassee: Jacket from Rebecchi Massimo, bought in Italy for $10. Jeans from Banana Republic, bought on sale for $50. Neckless from Dillards, a gift from my mother-in-law. This is my office. Sign courtesy of my german friend:)



Provincetown: boots from Promod, Jeans by Banana Republic, Leather jacket from Sisley, Hat by Forever 21 and sweater Stella Starr.



Boston at the Public Library: Shoes bought on Ebay, sucks by H&M, jeans by UO, jacket (my fav.) by Banana Republic.

You all might be surprised, but I did not buy ANYTHING in Boston, or during my trip. The stores were too crowed and I was not impressed.



Same outfit plus a bag from UO and a scarf from India. Earrings from  free trade store in Cleveland. Shawn is wearing Zara and Express.

0 comments:

Post a Comment