Made in Italy. Last Post.

, , 4 comments
As my parents left (they were visiting) and I am approaching to go to Italy (and other locations) this summer I decided to do a post on Italian items that are supposedly 'made in Italy.' I have selected a range of 'things' from make-up, to clothes, to shoes, bags and jewelry.

Now, this is my last post. The blog has come to and end. Hilary and I are just over it, for multiple reasons. We are both into other things and blogging is a lot of work. When I was mentoring this on-line class about new technology students had to create a blog. Some of the students expressed to me that younger generations in college do not frequently use blogs because of their erratic and busy schedule. I have to agree. Blogging takes time and DEDICATION. I hate just to post meaningless information. If I had to create another blog I would want it to represent what I am doing now, my passion for gardening, food and communication. What I have noticed is that I enjoy much more to read other fashion blogs, but not mine. They do a much better job. I also feel embarrassed and shallow. This guilt of showing off, of being a girl. At the same time I love it. I mean, I once applied for a Master to become a designer....But seriously who give a s...t about this blog, beside some dear friends? Before the blog had a purpose, now it is all gone and so this blog should too. Enjoy the last goodbye --



Versace eyeshadows. Absolutely love the package.



Santa Maria Novella's Perfume. A historical pharmaceutical "profumeria" located in Florence (Santa Maria Novella) that uses infuses of herbs and flowers to create unique fragrance.



 

D&G swimsuit. They make the best swimsuit at a reasonable price if you buy them in Italy.



Furla Bag. Furla and Coccinelle are probably my favorite Italian brands for bags and accessories, including shoes. They are both pretty pricy and never offer good sales. However, their bags will never go out of style and last a life. They are just amazing. My first engagement ring was from Furla. It was beautiful. A light blue mother pearl heart on silver band. Though it broke the same night he gave it to me because I was tipsy. I got a new one the day after. Apparently the stone was just glued. Go figure. My personal experience with Italian designers that work with leather is the high quality. If you ever go to Italy buy leather.



Talking about leather here another Italian brand called Motivi. They sell primarily clothes. Motivi is not a high fashion, classy brand. I would say it's probably average, but at times it has great items, like this amazing leather jacket for only $40. You can't beat that. Or can you? The leather is very light , which makes it perfect for a/c during the summer. I love investing on jackets. In regards to the trend of eco-leather, which supports the environment and animals, I am torn. I think it's a great idea, but I wonder of the quality and resistance of these new products. I would rather buy one good leather jacket that lasts me forever than 10 eco jackets, because at that point we have just indulged in green consumerism. I have coats and clothes that belonged to my grandmother, mother and cousins that I still regularly use. Those are the items that I wish designers still made. Consume less and wear more often.



Talking about wearing items that belonged to my family, this is a doctor bag coming from my family's closet. It's great in many ways. The only thing with leather bags is that you need to feed them by using a special wax.



Yes, it is obnoxious, but I bought it. Typical Cavalli's obnoxious dress. Maybe I will wear it tonight....



Stefanel makes the cutest and best knitting sweaters. Another pricy store with good quality items.



 

Wearing: Shoes by Emma Lou; Vintage skirt; vintage purse; G Star Raw leather jacket; Tank top by Forever 21, $3.50; H&M cameo; RayBan $129; and silver and pearl earrings (vintage).

THANK YOU ALL FOR SUPPORTING THIS BLOG.

 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. It was a great blog. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Jana. I miss the blog at times:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Justina. It means a lot from an expert! I like it too I must admit;)
    How is your business?

    ReplyDelete