Post Baby Fitness and Diet Plan: It's that time again

, , No Comments
Today Olly is almost a full 3 weeks old, which means it is time to slowly get back in shape for me! Ah! Just the idea makes me want to quit. I mentioned in my previous post on Fall trends that I will be writing each week about getting back in shape after having a baby, discussing the challenges, frustration or maybe joy?


Right now I am just reading a lot of books and articles about what one should or should not do when trying to lose post partum fat while also breastfeeding. Usually it is suggested to wait to go back with normal activities (aerobics, kick boxing, etc.) after 6 weeks or after your visit with your OB. That is because 'things' need to go back where they belong to, including your uterus that was up your chest (yep) and your abs that are nowhere to be found (also known as diastasis).  After conducting my research I want to come up with a somewhat flexible plan that can suit my lifestyle now. In the end I am still super weak and my body is still recovering so I can't jump back on it like a pro, even thought I was never a pro. Actually it's pretty pathetic my body is super rigid, I can hardly lift my arms above my head without feeling my back cracking..... Yes, pretty pathetic.

There are plenty of so called 'post partum' diets that other mothers have tried before. One that is very popular can be found on the Diary of a Fit Mommy where you can see images of the before and after. The diet is pretty standard including lean protein, no carbs, etc. The diet is somewhat similar to the New York diet, popular when Heidi Klum came back to Victoria's Secret after 8 weeks with a 'to die' body. However, the diet is super strict and  not worth in my opinion if you are breastfeeding, you are sleep deprived, and you don't have help around the house. I am sure you can adjust the diet though.

Actually that is what I plan to do, adjusting diets to my needs, craving, and lifestyle because I know I won't be able to follow a diet to the Z. It's just not me and not now.

My food pyramid consists of plenty of veggies, lean proteins, fruits, and selected carbs. I am cutting on processed carbs and cutting back on portions for bread and desserts replacing them with quinoa or wheat. I am still having ice-cream (not ready to let go yet). The idea is to slowly decreasing portions (since I am still eating for two) and to cut out obviosuly desserts, bread, gorgonzola cheese, cookies, etc. This is actually in line with what the doctor told me at the hospital after having the baby: cut on carbs, eat lean protein and veggies. Same thing we always read about, right? I can tell you that it has been very helpful for the baby and myself. Th either day I pigged out with chocolate, coffee, and cookies and the baby got really bad colic and did not sleep the entire night. So now I am back to 'no coffee' and controlled amount of chocolate. ahhaahah Apparently, even if you are done with pregnancy, you still need to control what you eat when breastfeeding.

The doctor also suggested to switch from whole milk to skim milk due to the higher content of fat. Because I am breastfeeding and the baby will suck all my calcium out of me he said to drink 3 glasses of skin milk a day. Also because I am breastfeeding it is not recommended to go on any drastic low calories diet. That would be just stupid and detrimental to your baby and your body. So keeping all this in mind so far this is what I am eating. 

POST BABY DIET and WORK OUT 

Breakfast 
Milk with organic pumpkin and flax seed cereal.  
One banana
Water
OR omelette with veggies or peanut butter and jelly sandwich

Snack
A glass of milk
fruit

Lunch (varies)
Meat with veggies, fruit and bread
Pasta with fresh tomato sauce and fruit
omelette stuffed with veggies and cheese, and fruit

Snack
Ice-cream or
Fruit
A glass of milk

Dinner
Chicken and pulled pork and salad with bread and fruit OR
risotto or pasta with fresh sauce OR
Fish with boiled potatoes or other veggies
Always fruit, a not alcoholic beer and some bread

I change the dishes quite often and sometimes I eat more (I need to work on portion) but this is what I am following. 

Exercise
20-40 minutes walk with baby Olly (about 100 calories)

3X 12 reps of light weight (3 pounds) focusing only on arms- 

Kegel exercises

PLEASE WISH ME LUCK!! I WILL POST PICTURES OF MY PROGRESS SOON.

Not happy Olly

0 comments:

Post a Comment