Make up Tutorial with Pictures: How to get a Natural Look

, , No Comments
This article is the last of a series of beauty pieces for your skin. You can check the other two articles here and here.

This one talks about make up application on a everyday basis. Remember I am pretty lazy and don't like to put heavy layers of make up on my skin. Especially in the summer or spring. It takes me only 15 minutes to get fully ready in the morning and that includes shower and clothing. I like to sleep in as much as possible!!!

For the prep phases of what face lotion to wear check out my previous article. Once you have put your lotion on start with your foundation. I have many because I am always looking for the best but overall I have been impressed with this one from L'Oreal. I use it only in the winter for the summer I use .......

Must have items for a natural make up: 


Highlighter: I use What's Up Liminous Champagne in stick only because I got a sample and it happened that I loved it. Full size is $30. There are also powder versions but do not always work. 

The purpose is to bring attention to few parts of your face creating a glow effect. This way you are distracting from other parts like saggy jaw lines or tired eyes. 

Place it right above your cheek , below your eyes or in other words along your cheekbones. 



                      


Pot rouge: Pot Rouges have a dual function. You use them on your cheeks to give a healthy color and you also apply them to your lips as lipstick. They are better than powders because as you age powder will sit inside your wrinkles giving you the old grandmother look. Plus you really save money by using one product for two parts of your face.

The absolute best pot rouges are from Bobbi Brown. I believe they cost $30. I have pretty much all pink colors, some red ones and some bronze. I have sample sizes and palettes. My good friend used to work at Bobbi Brown so I was rewarded with cool stuff :)

For my skin type I like to stick with pink light colors to give the effect of a natural look. 

This is from 2012 and I hate hate when companies stop producing colors and products I absolutely love. I still have the ones from 2012 but now there are almost gone and can't find the replacement. Sometimes I check EBay for old collections. 

Mascara: the best mascara I ever had is from Borjouis a French company. It is the equivalent of Revlon or Rimmel in terms of prices. In Europe you can find it at the supermarket. I got my first one in 2001 when a roommate in Spain left hers so I just used it. 

I used the brown volume mascara on my eyelashes as well as eyebrows. When I lived in London I was able to buy the black one too. I can't find this product in the States. :( 



Eyebrows pencil: if I don't use the mascara I either use an eye pencil or a brown eyehadow and I fill in any gaps I have. 
The pencils I use are from L'Oreal. They are ok, defiantly better than some other products. If I find something that really works I will let you know. Or please share what you are using. 

Before make up
                               

After make up
                                

As you can see it is a very natural look. I like to wear more make up for special occasions and when I have time. Plus I feel as you age wearing too much make up makes you look old. What do you think? 
If you like what you read, don't forget to join this site and follow me on my adventures. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment