Power of the Purse: United Way of The Big Bend Tallahassee

, , No Comments
April 29th I had the pleasure to attend a charity event held by the Power of the Purse: United Way of The Big Bend in Tallahassee, FL.

A colleague of mine is involved in this organization and they do charity events linked to fashion. What more can you like: donating for a good cause and staying fashionable.

The organization (Power of the Purse) is a social network of women in the Big bend who give, advocate, and volunteer to make the community of Tallahassee a better place to live. For example, they provide reading support to children who need help. If you like to learn more about them, visit there site.

The event was held at Fab'rik, a somewhat new store in Tallahassee. I have been wanting to do a piece on them for a while and finally I got the chance to do it. The boutique has variety of clothes for young professional women and also for fun women in general. Their prices are really good. I did not see anything more than $100 and their selection is quite wide. Make sure to get what you want when you see it because they change their inventory quite often.

During the event the store offered 20% off any items so I obviously took advantage. I bought a stretchy pencil skirt to bring to San Francisco with a matching black tank top. Here a picture of the skirt. The picture was taken in San Francisco as I was about to climb that street. Yes, I was a little preoccupied.

J.Crew sweater //  Fab'rik skirt // Calvin Klein boots // Jacket by Banana Republic (not pictured).


If you like to stay in touch with fashion charity events make sure to subscribe to my blog. I will make sure to attend any of these fashionable events. 

 FAB'RIK STORE IN TALLAHASSEE


 The ladies chatting and trying clothes on.  Donations to attend was around $10 or more. All donations support the programs of the Power of the Purse.








0 comments:

Post a Comment