Fall trends: what to recycle from your wardrobe

, , 4 comments
Fall trends for 2013 are amazing and exciting but we can't afford to buy an entire new wardrobe. What I like to do is look at the common trends and see what I have already in my closet. If I don't have an item that will be trendy in the Fall I either shop the summer sale section of stores or wait to get the one item I just can't live without - in this case it will be a leather skirt. 

FALL TRENDS 2013:

Leather skirts: pleated, pencil, mini, long, there are everywhere. I already blogged about this so check it out.
Where to find affordable leather skirts: on Ebay. Create a save searched for "black leather skirt size x" and periodically check. Make sure the leather it is genuine, unless you are against animal cruelty. 
Banana Republic just came up with a new look for a leather skirt that looks amazing and perfect for work, so I have my eyes on it. It is pricy at $198, but cheaper than other brands. Realistically, I would rather invest in a good leather skirt because they will never go out of style. This is the one item I will definitely want to buy. If you have in town a Burlington Factory store I would go and check it out. I have found an amazing leather coat that was originally $500. Again it is one of these pieces that will last. Despite being an animal lover I am big fan of leather products for two reasons: 1. they last and protect you from wind and cold; and 2. you actually consume less and are more environmental friendly. I literally have items that belonged to my mom when she was in her 20's that I still wear on a regular basis. I even have clothes my grandmother used to wear in her 30s. One good quality item to me equals a safer environment both for animals and humans. This is obviously only my personal opinion and you are welcome to disagree but think about the consumption of natural resources to produce endless pieces of cheap clothes and the cheap labor in developing countries. But this is an off topic since I could talk about it forever.

Flower prints: Spring and summer gave us flower prints for shorts, jeans, tops, and dresses. D&G had marvelous contrast with dark and gold flowers and J.Crew was just refreshing. 
Flower prints for the Fall are dark and mysterious. So if you are shopping in the sale section to find your Fall trend stay away from pastel colors and light flower prints. 

I am not a huge fan of Fall/Winter flower prints. I saw few that I really liked but I would not spend more than $30 on them. They remind me of old Italian ladies. I guess I have not seen anything that caught my eyes.


Knee long skirts and dresses: I am super excited to a return to the 1940s style for skirts and dresses for two main reasons: 1. I  can't wear mini skirts at work; 2. I don't have legs of a 20 years old girl. Miu Miu, Prada and Nina Ricci just have marvelous items. I just wish I could afford them all but I have spotted in the sale section some similar items. Asos has really reasonable priced sunglasses so check their on sale section. 



Check out my Profile on Polyvore to get more details on the brands shown in these pictures. 

4 comments: