How to get your lipstick to stay: Review CoverGirl Lipstick

, , 2 comments

I have been struggling with keeping my lipstick on my lips for more than one hour. I put it on in the morning, get to the office, open my yogurt, then my berries, my orange juice and I have now left traces of lipstick everywhere except on my lips.



I have tried the following tricks and products to keep my lipstick in place.

#1. Your lips needs to be moist and soft. I have dry lips in the winter. I have skin peeling from my lips. Yes gross. It's because I don't drink enough water, I sit in an office with no windows all day, and I am lazy to apply lip balm. So rule #1 DRINK WATER and APPLY LIP BALM at night.

#2 Put your lipstick on. Dust with powder to put in place. That should help.

#3. Buy CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipstick. Why?



PRO: 
It won't go away no matter how hard you try and how much you eat.
Great price for $7
Good variety of colors/shades

CON:
Dry on lips 
It won't go away. Seriously, I can't get it out at night. It works that well.
It fades away during the day, so you need to re-apply it otherwise you end up looking like a drunk who had too much red wine or a drunk hooker. 

VERDICT: BUY one time only if you are really looking for something that sticks. I would go for neutral colors, so even if the color fades it is not noticeable.
Where to get it: at grocery stores, pharmacies, Target, or online at http://www.covergirl.com/lip-makeup/lipstick/lip-perfection-lip-color


2 comments:

  1. any tip to keep your lipstick stay and don't look drunk. Can't reapply in a day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Set up a foundation on your lips, then use a lip pencil that is not darker than your lipstick and fill your lips. You need to get a somewhat soft lip pencil. Then apply blush or powder on it (powder blush). Apply your lipstick and blush again (possibly that matches the lipstick). Apply your lipstick again. Use toilet paper to get all access out. This will last longer, but there is no magic ALL day lipstick. When I use the restroom I will check my lipstick and adjust as needed. We all need to use the restroom right? Hope this helps. Thanks for commenting. Gin

      Delete