How to be a Fashion Blogger without breaking your bank account

, , No Comments


My friend and I had lunch the other day at Zoe's Kitchen. As a FYI order the tossed chicken salad. It is so juicy and filling you won't regret it. I am impressed by the menu and customer service of that place. Anyway, we were briefly talking about my fashion blog and what it is like to be a fashion blogger, how to be a fashion blogger and how to inspire readers. She made a statement that caught my attention, "Don't you need to buy new clothes to be relevant and be a fashion blogger?" - I never thought about that. I never assume fashion bloggers need to constantly buy trendy or new clothes to maintain credibility or a repertoire of fashion items. Contrary to having a food blog, where you have to buy fresh ingredients every time you make a recipe, blogging about fashion, style or decor does not require to become a shopaholic. My blog is intended for real people, people who might have a fixed budget each month, or maybe they do indulge in heavy shopping each week. The point is that having a new-out-of-closet outfit for each post you write as a fashion blogger does not make you a better fashion blogger. We also need to remind ourselves that we probably have more clothes in our closets than Carrie from Sex in the City. That alone could generate different outfits for months. In fact I started blogging about fashion when my friend Hilary and I decided to go on a 90 days no shopping journey wearing a different outfit each day from our closet. At the end of the 90 days we had not had a chance to wear even half of what we owned. So we did a swap and then donated the rest.

In honor of re-using what we have saved over 10, 15, 20, or 40 years here a dress I bought back in 2006 in a small boutique in Tallahassee, now closed. It needs some TLC as the hem came undone but overall, the point is that I still wear it and I like it.






SHOES // ZARA // DRESS // UNKNOWN //SUNGLASSES // KENNETH COLE


For more pictures from this shoot check out the "Walk these streets" session of my blog, which is dedicated to anything in Tallahassee. You should also check out my personal photographer Mallory Brook's website.

0 comments:

Post a Comment