Mini Key Lime Cheesecake No Bake

, , No Comments



I had in the past done Pinterest Challenges. What is that? I picked something I pinned from Pinterest and do a test to see whether it is really that easy to replicate or that good. I have done hair, cleaning and now it is time to try some food recipes. I have heard a lot of complains from readers about Pinterest recipes - that they are aesthetically pretty but once you make the recipe the food is disgusting. So I gave it a try. I just randomly picked a recipe that I had pinned. In this case it was Danelle's mini no bake key lime cheesecake. The original recipe can be found on Let's Dish so I encourage you to check it out. I am just replicating the recipe.
Ingredients (from Let's Dish website)
  1. 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
  2. 3 tablespoons butter, melted
  3. 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
  4. 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
  5. 1/3 cup bottled key lime juice
  6. 1 teaspoon lime zest
  7. 1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
  8. 1-2 drops green food coloring (optional)
Instructions
  1. Line 12 muffin pan cups with paper liners.
  2. In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and and melted butter. Press one tablespoon of crumbs into the bottom of each liner.
  3. With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
  4. Add the condensed milk and lime juice and mix well. Mix in the food coloring, if using. Fold in the lime zest and 1 cup of the whipped topping.
  5. Divide the mixture evenly among the lined muffin cups. Cover pan with foil or plastic wrap and freeze until firm, at least 3 hours.
Results: This recipe was easy (literally 10 minutes and you were done) and AMAZING! It was so good I could have eaten all 12 muffin cups by myself. I think I would try to bake the cracker crumbs to create more stability when you grab a mini cheesecake with your hands. My advice would also to spread the mixture and level it on each muffin pan cup. I did not do that so the cheesecake did not look pretty as Danelle's but the taste was there. This is a super easy recipe if you have people over and you want to Wow them with something that only take few minutes and does not require baking. So Pinterest success!!!










0 comments:

Post a Comment