My CD Player Went Mainstream.

, , No Comments
Truth be told, it was never NOT mainstream a little bit. I do like Lady Gaga some of the time... although this latest "anthem of our generation" is a complete rip off. Whatever.

ANYWAY my point is... three of the six cds in my car right now are from artists who performed at the Grammys last night. I don't know if that has ever happened to me before. Does this mean The Avett Brothers, Mumford & Sons, and Arcade Fire - which won best album - are considered mainstream now? And if so, is this good or bad? Or neither?













I'm a little [still pleasantly] surprised that Arcade Fire won best album for The Suburbs, considering I find this to be one of their less impressive albums. Unless we are counting strange conceptual art noise as music, in which case it is awesome, but some of the songs seem so disjointed to me. Still, I love Arcade Fire [thanks Aliea] and the album is still growing on me, as I have heard it does. Maybe in ten years I will really consider it to be the best album of 2010. And I'm not even really saying I don't think they deserve the award. Just find it interesting they didn't win it sooner.



On another unrelated note I went shopping this weekend! Got some fancy new clothes. A great crocheted gray vest from Anomaly [SWAP IS THIS WEDNESDAY!] and this gray/army green denim jacket with bronze studs from Downtown Diva [great new shop in 5 Points, terrible store name], amongst other things.



I wish I could remember who made those items, but I am not wearing any of them now and didn't bother to look at the labels. Here is the new denim jacket that I wore to my cousin's surprise birthday party at The Peninsula Saturday night. I'm in love with it.  I wore the gray crocheted vest last night to Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons. Ran into Frankie backstage and I dare say he liked the vest as much as I do.



The view from the 38th floor of the Peninsula on South Bank. So lovely.

Loving this amazing 70 degree and sunny weather. Can't wait to try out my new clothes and make new, not-for-warmth-only outfits.

0 comments:

Post a Comment