A vegetarian at the Pig Festival.

, , No Comments
It's 80 degree outside or 27 celsius.

Apparently our blog idea of 91 days without shopping was not that drastic compared to this young lady who wore the same outfit for 6 months. 6 months? In a certain way our idea was the total opposite: wear everything you have, everyday differently. I can't imagine wearing the same outfit for 6 months, even thought we tend to wear the same items all over again: same jeans for 6 days, the favorite sweater or pair of shoes, etc. What makes me even more jelous of the 6 months outfit or about this other woman who wore the same jeans for about a year is the fact that there is a cause beyond the frantic choice: charity. Amy Seiffert has worn the same outfit to create awareness about sex trafficking. My reason was just to stop being so consumerist and consumed by materialist items. Gosh she totally made my reason looks useless and selfish. Here below the web-site talking about Amy Seiffer and a picture of her outfit.

http://www.geekosystem.com/same-dress-for-six-months/

If I was going to pick an outfit to wear for 6 months it would have to be jeans, a long confy t-shirt, ankle boots and a cardigan.



WEARING: FAV. JEANS BY FOREVER 21 $14; FAKE FUR JACKET BOUGHT AFTER THE 91 DAYS IN JACKSONVILLE; SHOES BY ANTHROPOLOGIE; TOP BY OLD NAVY; BUDDHA NECKLESS AND H&M NECKLESS; PINK SPORT BRA.



MAXI DRESS BLACK BOUGHT AT MARSHALL $20. BRA BY D&G



PORK SANDWICH WITH BBQ (SHAWN HAD IT). I WENT TO A PIG FESTIVAL WITHOUT EATING ANY MEAT.



I have a list of American food items that I want to try. When I watched Mary Poppins I was hypnotized by those caramel apples with a stick so you could hold them and eat them. I have fantasized about these apples for years. Finally in SF when I was 17 I had one and was DISAPPOINTED. I thought the apple was supposed to be soft, caramelized in the oven and then cover in caramel and nuts. It was a sad day. Anyway, back to my Pig Festival's story.....I have on my list fried candy including sneakers, oreos, etc. They had them at the Pig Festival, but I just could not do it. I just could not eat it. So my list is still on-going....

0 comments:

Post a Comment