Here Comes A Bikini Whale.

, , 2 comments


Saw the B-52's on Sunday, thanks greatly to my friend/DJ extraordinaire Wes Reed who was opening for them. Let me just put it in the form of a simple mathematical equation: B-52's + 80 degrees and sunny + no work on Monday + 24 ounce beers inside a converted church = obviously a great time.





[Wearing grey tank maxi dress by Torn by Ronny Kobo, brown sheer top from Anomaly, various turq rings and salmon colored earrings, flats [not shown] from Lulus.com]



[Just a glimmer of the awesome prints and lucite heels in attendance to regale our waiting gazes.]



Standing around in the converted church [that looks a little too contemporary church fellowship hall and not enough old gothic meant-to-still-look-churchy for my taste], my beer cup sweating against my fingertips, I came to realize that all the crazy 60 years old filling the joint were exactly how my friends and foes will look at concerts for our favorite bands thirty years from now. Silly, over the top, with a horrible taste in wardrobe, but still awesome nonetheless. Like, you go grandma with your insane wig and glittery clothing!

On another note, I am now working with an awesome new book editor for the next few months to get this novel rolling! Thought I would share that update since I've posted some on the book here and there. In reality it is consuming so much of my mental and physical space, but in a great way. I loved it when she told me, "Surely this won't be your only novel." Damn straight.

 

2 comments:

  1. I think we have officially sucked in maintaing the blog and generate interest. I think the everyday outfit was more fun:) Maybe we should do a Spring/summer everyday outfit;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. i know. i think people still read it when we post, but this is not as motivating, just posting about whatever. i just feel so vain posting about nothing for no reason. when we had an agenda it was purposeful.

    ReplyDelete