How to Wear a Denim Shirt

, , 2 comments

How to Wear a Denim Shirt at work and all the times

JCrew denim shirt // JCrew bracelets // Antonio Melani skirt

I have been obsessed for quite sometimes with this denim shirt from J.Crew, although you can find a similar one everywhere these days. I have seen them at BananaRepublic and even Old Navy. 

I have been trying to find excuses at work to wear denim even though we cannot wear it, unless it is Friday for which we pay $2 to wear jeans. The money is donated to a local charity. 

To avoid looking like a slob at work, I pair a really fancy skirt with the denim shirt and voila I have my perfect outfit of this season. It works very well with pencil skirts so try the outfit and let me know how it works for you. 

I am also into vintage or new chunky stone bracelets. I really like J.Crew, unless I can find real vintage. I am very particular with accessories. I can't buy something unless I really like it and will want to wear it all the times. I am not into trends, unless they become classics. 


// The skirt is Antonio Melani. A gift from my mother-in-law // Shoes from Guess 

If you are NOT into chunky jewelry but you are into a minimalist style these very simple items can add to your outfit without killing it.


Earrings and ring from Brilliant Earth // Ethical Jewelry 


I do like clean lines too for jewelry. I like to use minimalist rings, earrings and pendant with monochrome colors or a pair of skinny pants and a t-shirt. It is the effortless but chic look I like to have while running errands or going out with girlfriends.

I also do not think you need to be engaged or married to wear an 'engagement ring' like the one shown in the  picture. I feel these days women do not have to wait for that special one, especially for a diamond ring that is not too busy in the design. I called this ring the city or get-go woman ring. 


Please note: most of the items I write about (not all because it is impossible) are designed and produced by companies that have charitable programs within their organizations. This is very important to me, especially when it comes to diamonds as it has been well-documented the problem of the black market in this field.

Brilliant Earth Jewelry strives to improve the labor situations in the diamond market. The company donates "5% of profits to help communities harmed by the jewelry industry build a brighter future" (company's site). If you are thinking to get yourself a ring try to do something good for those in need. You don't have to do it all the times, but sure does not hurt to feel pretty inside and outside. 


2 comments:

  1. Love love love this outfit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love wearing denim & chambray shirts! Love the skirt you paired this with!

    ReplyDelete