I LOVE GLASSES: WARBY EYEGLASSES

, , No Comments

I LOVE GLASSES
Warby Glasses

I have been wearing glasses since I was 15 years old. Many pairs got lost in between sofas or eaten by my dogs. I love eyeglasses whether vintage or new, designer or non-brand. My favorite pair of eyeglasses was vintage. It was a gift from my dear friend Gina. She has always had style. You should check her instagram account for inspiration on home decor.

Another pair that I still wear and it is consumed by now is a Prada mother-pearl pair of eyeglasses. I originally had a similar pair by Chanel, but my dog ate them. So I bought a pair on Ebay.



Chanel eyeglasses mother-pearl // Find similar pair here




Your relationship with eyeglasses is very special and unique. It is a love and hatred relationship. I feel I am a slave to glasses because I am dependent as soon as I open my eyes in the morning. I am pretty blind. Eyeglasses are also very special because you wear them everyday and they need to represent your personality. This is what people see when you walk down the street. It's not you they see. It's that black or white frame that shapes your face, your entire persona. Sometimes I feel 'less pretty' because of my glasses. I actually have been told and did an experiment to confirm it. People perceive individuals with glasses smart, but less sexy.  The reality though is that I wear them everyday and I have to. I rarely wear contact lenses. They irritate my eyes. They are itchy and I just don't like having 'things' in my eyes. 

Because I always knew I would wear glasses I always bought funky, exaggerated, and unique pairs. People think I wear them because they are cool or cute. I always think, "Why would I wear them if I did not have to?"



Warby Parker eyeglasses 


Last 5 years or so, designer eyeglasses have gotten really expensive. I can't officially afford them anymore. It costs me more than $100 just for lenses. A designer frame can cost $500 or more. At that point investing in getting an eye laser surgery might be a wiser investment. But I don't like to put myself under the knife unless I 'have to.' 

Through the pleasure of been a fashion blogger I was introduced to Warby Parker, a company that produces cute frame for as little as $95. I really like their glasses. 

As you know I like brands that 'do well;' that devote part of their time to make this world better for those in needs. I like to introduce my readers to new brands that are changing the way fashion operates. For every Warby Parker pair you buy another pair is donated to someone in need. You are socially making a change while still reaching your self-interest. This is the new conscious consumer of our century. If you like to read more about Warby Parker, please check out their site





0 comments:

Post a Comment