Scrivo un altro romanzo.

, , 4 comments
My mind, this moment, feels a bit schizophrenic, so you will have to forgive me if I jump from place to place seemingly without reason or connection. My mom just gave my husband and I my childhood piano and my husband is like a fish to water. Incessant banging and songwriting ensues. To me, over the years, as I have learned to kind of block it out, it starts to sound like some strange background noise that just leaves me feeling confused.



As this music-making was happening last night [trying to make some connections here!], I sat down and finally started writing my second book. Very exciting for me. The first book was more of a learning experience... painful, long, arduous, and I was left wanting to leave the book behind, maybe to return to it years from now with a fresh perspective, if ever. This time though, I feel like a woman with a road map. And I am excited.



I woke up today wanting to dress like a writer. [I'm not even sure what that means, but I think it had something to do with black leggings.] However, I have been really struggling with not wanting to USE UP all of my GOOD OUTFITS. So, I ended up with something already done, but new to this small time frame, and was left feeling uninspired. I have decided that from here on out I will not be saving any outfits. If, in a few weeks, I start to run out of obvious choices, even exciting obvious choices, I will just have to become more creative.



I am wearing red Rocket Dog leather ankle booties, grey H&M jeans gifted to me by a friend, a vintage sheer black with white stripes boatneck top, David Yurman chain bracelet, Forever21 silver cuff and hoop earrings.

And, oddly in keeping with Gin's blueberry theme, I spent lengthy minutes gazing at these "blueberries" in our backyard while we were taking these photos. Not sure what they are really called, but blueberries in my mind.



XOHil

4 comments:

  1. im excited about this 2nd book!!!!!!!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. It's extremely intriguing the fact that despite we are geographically apart our blogs, things that happen to us are so similar. It's crazy. It reminds me of that conversation we had at your house when that girl from Armenia was filming with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your outfit and always love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete