struggling to keep it all together.

, , 1 comment
I found interesting reading Hilary's post where she talks how this journey has changed her way of shopping in a way that now she does not feel obligated to shop or hysterically needing to buy. I feel the opposite, which is interesting because we went through the same regiment and yet we came out with different views or somehow distorted views. I realized that going on a shopping diet is like going on a food diet -- a true estimate of your own will -- Well I always failed at diets because in the moment you tell me I am on diet I eat an entire chocolate cake. The only reason why I was somehow successful with my 91 days of no shopping is: time, money (lack of), lack of fashion in stores, I live in Tallahassee and more than anything a disgust for consumerism and trends.

These forces still push me to be a diligent shopper but the point is that I want to buy clothes and redo my entire wardrobe, because I feel it still sucks. There is this insatisfaction that pushes me to look, always look and maybe touch (buy). So, I have a dilemma now. I have seen pretty dresses, pretty shoes, pretty jeans and scarf that I want....but....I am struggling..struggling because I just can't buy..I just can't justify spending money in clothes, because I feel they are useless. I feel I should save money, pay travel expenses to go to conferences, or buy plants for my garden. So what is the line? How much is too much? How much should I save for clothes and the rest for more useful items? This is my struggle these days, just because I need to come up with a struggle beside sitting in my office, reading all day...You know...PhD students without a life beside books = a need for superfluous hobbies such as talking about shopping.... Anyway, the point is this one. I have never really being a shopaholic. neither I am frugal with my money. As a matter of fact I am very economical. I think because I am European. We don't have credit cards. We buy when we have cash. So there you go if I end up with few more items in my wardrobe it will all 'budget' with at the end of the month. [are we all full of excuses?:)] BUT remember Month of February only 2 items allowed.

You see? I went to look at plants for real:)



Wearing Uggs, Yoga pants from Victoria's Secret, Leather Jacket from this place in Montecatini, purse by UO, hat by Forever 21 and Indian scarf.

1 comment:

  1. "This is my struggle these days, just because I need to come up with a struggle beside sitting in my office, reading all day…You know…PhD students without a life beside books = a need for superfluous hobbies such as talking about shopping…."

    I LOVE THAT. hahaha.

    i feel the same way. like maybe i am just bored and coming up with issues with shopping to have something to think about.

    been so distracted with writing and life lately that i haven't even had time to blog! but that's almost over, as the book is done practically. back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete