Shopping in Jacksonville Florida

, , No Comments
I have been wanting to blog about this topic for a while now. I go to Jacksonville for shopping on occasion because you can get local alternative boutiques, as well as the typical outdoor mall. I want to share with you my favorite stores. Many of these places have been suggested by my good friend Hilary. She is originally from Jacksonville but now she is in Colorado. I guess an excuse to go visit her and see what' s up with the fashion over there. 5 POINTS As far as I observed Jacksonville is divided in many small suburban downtown that remind you of 1950s architecture. These areas have been renovated becoming hip and trendy. 5 Points is a collection of vintage and local boutiques as well as few new buildings by the river side. There are really good restaurants including my favorite, which is the Black Sheep, a mixture of local and organic dishes.

So far my favorite shopping store is Violet on 1007 Park Street. Some of the brands they carry are Tocca, Votivo, 4 Love & Liberty, Antica Farmacista, and Johnny Was. As you can imagine from some of the brands the prices are not cheap, but everything they have is high quality, selected to be the latest trend and just hip and cool. Plus, you will not find some of these brands elsewhere, so you are getting something special and unique. At least in terms of clothes. They also carry selected items for toddlers, which are just adorable. You can end up finding something for the house, for you, and for your friends.

The other place in 5 Points that I adore is a giant used/antique store. get ready to spend hours inside because there is so much to see. Their prices vary but I got a ring for just $5 and a silver plate for $4. I can't remember the name but it is right next to a crystal /infuse store.

St. Johns Town Center

What to say about this mall beside that it offers both luxurious shopping and on a budget shopping. Depending from the way you come in, you will see Louis Vuitton, Pottery Barn, Cole Haan to end up on the opposite side looking for bargains at Ross and Target. This is a place to hang out with your family or if you know which stores you want to nail down. I usually stop at each single home decor stores and then I run to Anthropopologie, Urban Outfitters, and Cole Haan. What this mall fails to have is Zara (still not in Jax) and H&M (which is at a different mall).



I have been wanting to show you the shoes I bought when I went to Jacksonville at Cole Haan. I did not know about Cole Haan, until my husband pointed out. I loved everything they had but bought these shoes because they were different (look at the heel), nude/white for work, comfortable and on sale. If you don't own a pair of Cole Haan shame on you. They are the most comfortable shoes you will ever wear. And that is because apparently Cole Haan was owned by Nike until 2012 or so. You can read more about it here. I wear these shoes everywhere. Now I just need 25 more pairs from Cole Haan and I am set.

I hope this was helpful and let me know if you check any of these places.

0 comments:

Post a Comment