What to wear on a plane ride Airport Fashion Style

, , 1 comment
As I write this entry I am sitting at the airport of Tallahassee. My flight has been delayed 45 minutes or more. It becomes to be common for flights to be overbooked or cancelled. I am not a lucky traveler. I have been stuck at airports many times and it has not been pleasant. This prompted me to write about what to wear on a plane ride.

Business traveling:

You don't have much flexibility here. I just worked all day and came to the airport. Although here some of the items:


Banana Republic Light wool Blazer $198 (unless on sale)

1. Suit (I say the blazer light wool because of the air conditioning); comfortable shoes with heels like Cole Haan; 3. Tank top underneath a short sleeve blouse; 4. a carry on with heels; and a carry on for your laptop stuffed with documents, cell phones, credit cards, cash, tissues and beauty-case. Not the most comfortable compared to PJ but it works. Jackets also keep you warm and professional. I always freeze on the plane or at airports so having layers help me to get cold sweats. Don't you hate that?
Cole Haan are the most comfortable shoes. They partnered with Nike providing special cushion so your feet don't hurt after one hour or so. Those are the perfect shoes if you still want to wear trendy heels. If you will ever notice many professional people wear Cole Haan. 

This bag is from Coach (see above for link) but you can really get any bags even cheaper to stuff your documents and laptop. I bought one for $19 at Marshalls and I am just obsessed with it. 



Pleasure traveling:

1. a white tee; 2. baggy jeans not skinny jeans, especially for long trips; 3. a long cashmere sweater; 4. a pashmina; 5. flat shoes bigger than your usual shoes (your feet get swallon on the plane); 6. a pair of socks; 7. pack in your carry on a PJ bottom like Victoria's Secret comfortable sweat pants (you will thank me later); 8. a change of underwear and tank top (in case your flight is cancelled).
J Brand Jeans. I would not pick this color necessarily for traveling but the style. Something comfortable when you have to sit for many hours. Dark colors are better in case you get stains. 

The Row Sweater. I always get cold on the plane. So I would suggest anyone to wear layers and pack a good warm sweater. Leather jackets are also good. 

Make sure you drink a lot of water and pack an hydrating facial mask.

Hope this was helpful and happy traveling!

1 comment: