If I Were Free.

, , 4 comments
Maybe they call it "Free People" because the only people who can wear their clothes they way they are meant to be worn are people who are just that. Free. Not dressing for work. Not dressing for the classroom. They are dressing to go roll around in a field, or walk down a tree-lined dirt road while making faces at the lazy cows, to pick flowers, elevate their minds [ahem], lay around in a lush music room listening to scratchy records, and tanning on docks looking for Upside Down World. Maybe in Upside Down World that is who I am.

[caption id="attachment_1241" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Free People January 2011 Catalog"][/caption]

I would like to think that this could be Gin and I. If we were freer. And if I was both taller and skinnier. Much skinnier. And blonde. So, not quite us really! But, if my wardrobe had no societal bounds, I would dress like that all the time. Lacy and free. Although I am not into the frilly shorts. Those are weird. Trade them in for some cut offs and I am golden.

In the real world, I am something different. Something, or someone, that I love to be... but not quite as free as my mind would have me.

[caption id="attachment_1242" align="alignnone" width="480" caption="The cold hard truth of reality."][/caption]

Wearing Silence + Noise jeans, white tee from The Loft, taupe sheer cardigan from Lucky, printed pashmina, turq beaded frindge necklace, turq ring, Zigi Soho clogs, and brown beanie from Urban.

Ahh the cubical. I try to liven it with things that inspire me.

[caption id="attachment_1243" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="James Michener."][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1248" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Love."][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1244" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Reflected."][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1249" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Beyond."][/caption]

Here's to a rainy day behind a computer in a cubical. Perhaps this is what imaginations are for.

 

4 comments:

  1. Yes, they're so free to do whatever like not work and still afford that overpriced stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the upsidedown world reference! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so going to buy ourselves those clothes.....if I find them.....which one r u? I think I should be the one of the right side....right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, the name of the brand is definitely misleading!!

    ReplyDelete