The Good, The Bad, The Good/Bad I'm Confused Which Are You?

, , 1 comment
Gin and I have been discussing some adjustments to "The Rules". Since we can now shop it's like the floodgates have been opened. I still believe everything I learned on our little break, but I am getting that all too familiar tug to constantly consume. I just bought a bunch of new stuff last weekend and I am already looking to buy more! When does it stop being about the item you have purchased and more about the act of purchasing?

Still... here is a slew of things I found online today that I either want, hate, or want/might hate.

[caption id="attachment_1296" align="alignnone" width="320" caption="Chelsea Shearling Coat"][/caption]

I am obviously a huge supporter of all things oversized, drapy, and resembling sleep. As in I could stretch out this here coat and sleep under it on a cool afternoon in a park in San Francisco at one of their many random music festivals [one of my favorite things about that city]. Wouldn't that be divine? I will go there now mentally and dwell there for a while.

[caption id="attachment_1297" align="alignnone" width="320" caption="Fields Silk Maxi Dress"] [/caption]

I love the flowy whimsy of this dress, and that it comes with a detachable sheer top. It's versatile!! I would probably [definitely] wear this with the above jacket at the fictional music festival, splayed out on the grass, cool beer resting precariously in my hand, threatening to tip over and feed the bugs.

[caption id="attachment_1298" align="alignnone" width="320" caption="Jesenia Fringe Pump"][/caption]

These are weird. There is one large part of me that is channeling my My Little Pony days of yore in a stong way. In a not so great strong way. But then there is another part of me that is all "Fringe! Yeah! Groovy!" and wants to kick up my heels in these babies like my feet have grown their own little tails.

[caption id="attachment_1302" align="alignnone" width="320" caption="Ditsy Flare Pants"][/caption]

Are these cool? Or are they hideous? It's kind of walking a thin line, me thinks. I enjoy the wide leg, the vintage throwback, and the floral print. They could be awesome or they could be the kind of pants that would make me feel like I am back in middle school.

[caption id="attachment_1299" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Jeffrey Campbell Comma Ice Slouchy, Curvy Platform Boots"][/caption]

Ummm... these should be illegal. Who created these monstrosities??! [Jeffrey Campbell, that's who.] These boots DO make me feel like I am back in middle school, shopping in Wet Seal trying desperately to figure out what's cool. Jeffrey Campbell... shaking my head.

Now that I can shop again I am starting to wonder if I will slide back into that shop 'til I drop mentality, running through new clothes like fresh air. I want all my choices to be thoughtful. I want to shop well and wisely and creatively. I don't want to forget about all the wonderful things I can now purchase as soon as they hit the bottom of the shopping bag!

SO ALAS. The new rule for Gin and I [fingers crossed we can hold to it] will be no more than two new items per month. It will give us at least an average of two weeks to enjoy and appreciate each new item fully. Plenty of time, no?

:D

1 comment:

  1. I hate you. Because now I want those pants and that first jacket. I am glad we have rules.

    ReplyDelete