Some May Say I'm Wishing My Days Away.

, , 4 comments
No way.

Been swirling in a delusional mist of new ideas lately.  All things grand and exciting and fresh and adventurous. Big things. Things I don't really understand and seem so lofty that only a few ever even attempt such things. It feels really good to get out of the mediocre mindset and push myself, at least mentally. Hopefully some of these things come to fruition... Like they say, Shoot for the moon. If you miss you will still land amongst the stars. [That is, BTW, a complete fallacy. Obviously the stars are further away than the moon. No juh.]

I had to interupt the husband in the middle of a moment with his new toy to get my picture taken. Some kind of fancy schmancy peddle that I have heard more details about than I care to remember. A long time ago I used to sit there and soak all this information in, like a little groupie sponge. Then, the inevitable happened. I got bored. I'd heard enough. It's always going on in the periphery. If I waste my brain power focusing on his brain power I would literally only be a groupie.

[caption id="attachment_1279" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Spotless Office."][/caption]

I don't go in this room very often. It's full of the things that make him tick. One of those things is clutter. Every few months I go in there and demand it gets straightened. Every week or so I go in there and collect bottles and mugs and bowls and clothes that need washing that somehow end up in there. Very very rarely I go in there for music purposes. And even less rarely I go in there for purposes of my own. [I am the complete opposite. I function much better in a clutter free environment. Less brain distractions.]

[caption id="attachment_1280" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="New to me."][/caption]

I swapped this EXTRA LONG cardigan by Liz Claiborne [yes, it's true] from Gin. It is so long it makes me feel like I am still in bed, which has been a major running theme for me lately. Worn with white tank from Banana, black Cheap Monday cords, brown Nine West boots, peacock scarf, new harmonica necklace from Violet in Five Points [that actually plays!] and turq ring.

My hair is growing out and sort of turning into some awesome pseudo mullet from the 70's.

[caption id="attachment_1281" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Magical."][/caption]

Turquoise, peacocks, and tiny little music makers make me feel somewhat powerful. A dandy combination.

The husband was playing "Walking On The Moon" by The Police all on his own, all the parts [except for the drums obvi] with his one little guitar and one little peddle. It was impressive and gave my day a nice start.





4 comments:

  1. You look skinny-minny in this pic! Who knew long comfy sweaters could create that look, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you are still writing post-clothing adventure. Makes me feel connected, and provides a great short distraction in the midst of my work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look. Better than the flower top combination;) I love your hair too in this picture.

    ReplyDelete