Oh, Sequins.

, , 2 comments
Sometimes I love really cheap, trendy clothing. Forever21 is great for things like chartreuse cropped peacoats, red cordoroy bell bottoms, and dusty rose sequined skirts. Things I would probably never allow myself to spend more than $30 on, but things that take a closet from a boredrobe to a wardrobe. [I'm so clever.]

[caption id="attachment_1335" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Legally Ginger. "][/caption]

Here I am standing awkwardly outside of the Times Union Center [at Legally Blonde], my mom holding my camera at full arms length, squinting at the screen and trying to figure out which button to push. It's hard to pose, instruct, and fend off public embarrassment all at once.

Wearing tan BB Dakota sweater, dusty rose sequin skirt from Forever21, brown J.Crew tights, brown Nine West boots, wooden chain necklace [from Anomaly I think...] and harmonica necklace from Violet.

[caption id="attachment_1336" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Poof."][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1337" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Monger."][/caption]

Bella's tail holds mysterious powers of manipulation that can woo even the most rigid of individuals. Unless you're my aunt, who runs from the site of any cat. Even kittens. You don't choose your phobias people.

Maybe you love to spend beaucoups of money on over the top statement pieces, which is bold and awesome and there is a small part of me that even envies you. [Allie, I'm looking at you.] But if you're like me and don't want to blow my dough on sequins, it's easy and possible to mix it up inexpensively.

Just don't go to Forever21 and walk out wearing a whole new outfit. Everything in moderation.

2 comments:

  1. completely agree about the moderation; the midwest girls love f21 here but i think we still shouldn't be completely swayed by their lower prices. shop around! bc in the end, the lower prices do reflect the quality of the garment.

    best,
    charlie kane
    http://23BLVD.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, that's great advice. shopping around is smart, as well as shopping locally! i would love to have a great, inexpensive boutique in the area that carried some really fun, funky things. we do have some... wolfgang and anomaly are both affordable [for people in jacksonville]. i guess i care less about the quality of a sequin skirt, but it's true that the more you spend, the better it will look, fit, and feel.

    ReplyDelete