Crap=shopping.

, , 2 comments
Yes, I have been absent. I did not post for two days. I just did not feel like it and did not have time. I have spent the past days working on a paper to submit to a conference. I am not even satisfied with the results. Actually, I feel it's a shitty paper, but at the same time I wanted to submit it trying to get some feedback. I am also struggling to work on two presentations due tomorrow and lesson plans plus exams. I am a mess and consumed by academic work. So the blog is secondary. I also feel I don't want to wear what I own. let me explain. I want to wear few items I have and repeat outfits I like. My closet is full of dresses, but dresses can be uncomfortable to wear and they need to be paired with cute high heel shoes. I just don't care. I don't care about shopping anymore. I went to Marshall's this weekend to find some kind of storage containers. While passing through the clothes all I saw was expensive cheap crap. I have become extremely conscious when shopping. One of the main reason is that you spend money for crap that will break in five seconds. So what's the point? I don't see the point of buying, unless it's an art piece or well done item. Maybe this is the result of a recession that pushed me to save money or distribute the money in other sectors less materialistic such as traveling and food and art. Sorry for venting.





Wearing black leggings, brown silk top from Banana Republic; custom-made suede boots from Italy; black sweater from Benetton.



Happy Halloween. Vogue Magazine.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on the academia. I feel you on wanting to wear the same outfits over and over. I am living in a few pieces of clothing and trying to find new ways to wear them differently. Ha. I want to get rid of 2/3 of what I own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. I want to get rid of 2/3 of my stuff. I will too. I have already filled a big plastic bag with clothes, shoes and accessories. It is time to go.

    ReplyDelete