Going vegetarian, not vegan.

, , 4 comments
Today, after months of contemplation I decided to go vegetarian. So today it's my first day as a vegetarian. I was vegetarian when I was 17-18 for a year and half. I decided so after I came to the States the first time. I was grossed out by a dish my first host family made with beans, tomatoes sauce, sausages, pork and some other unknown meats. I switched back when I was in Italy. One night at this restaurant my friends ordered 'salumi misti.' At the sight I just could not resist.

There are multiple reasons why I am going vegetarian again: the food industry, being #1, health is a result of the n. 1. But also, because I like vegetables much more, and want to experiment with new recipes. However, I love cheese and eggs so I am definitely not going vegan, at least now. I am also debating whether to eat fish or not. I don't want to force an ideology or diet. I want to embrace it. So maybe a gradual 'demeatizing'...(I just made that word up). I told my mom I was thinking to go vegetarian and she got mad because I tend to be anemic already. Also my cousin was vegetarian for years and she had many complications at a point that the doctor told her to either eat meat or die. So to those who tell me vegetarian is healthy and that you can get the same nutrients out of veggies, I will respond, 'not really.' Moderation is the key.

Today I had a zucchini quiche. Tonight, I ll have some soup or pasta. If you have recipes, pass them along.



Love this outfit. Jump Suit by Anthropologie. Hilary suggested to try it on. I never thought it would look good, but I feel in love. It's so cute. I love the pattern and the shape of it. I paired it with high boots as suggested by Hilary. Thank you Hilary!!! Boots by Coach.

4 comments:

  1. I can't speak for all vegetarians or vegans, but my hemoglobin actually went up after I went vegan. I got it measured when I gave blood a couple weeks ago, and it was 14. It was 13 as an omnivore.

    Welcome to the vegetable party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this look! i am so jealous of that jumper, even though i am so happy you bought it. :)

    let me know how it goes with the vegetarian thing. i will think up some recipes. make some minestrone! mmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, theradgal, I think it would be interesting to monitor my health now that I am going vegetarian. I know I need to educate myself much more. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome! When I went vegetarian, I liked the book Laurel's Kitchen a lot. It's a cookbook, but there's some diet/health information in there, too. The internet is helpful, too.

    ReplyDelete