We're Halfway There.

, , 4 comments
[Really, we practically are. Today is day 42... 49 to go!]

I woke up this morning, like any other morning, wrapped myself in my robe, started the coffee, and turned on the Today show. What do you know, Bon Jovi was on the Today show!!

For those who don't know this, GINEVRA WAS A HUGE BON JOVI FAN. HUGE. As in, she moved to America at the age of 14 to learn English so she could then meet Bon Jovi and marry him. [Ahhh the 14 year old mind.] The real hilarity is that she then learned English and realized his songs sucked. There went that dream.



Jon Bon Jovi is a pretty inspiring dude. He is arguably the biggest Rock Star out there right now [I mean, the dude is famous world wide]. He married his high school sweetheart and was pretty, if not entirely, faithful to her throughout his wild life. And, on Veteran's day where we remember the American soldiers who fought for this country, there kind of isn't a more All-American rock band out there.

Except maybe Bruce Springsteen. But I digress. [And obviously, this is a debatable statement... one that not even I agree with entirely.]



So, in honor of Gin [who is now officially American], Bon Jovi, and all of the Veterans... I dressed like John Francis Bongiovi, Jr. today. Wearing grey H&M jeans, cream blouse from Anthro, purple Spain scarf from the sis, floral fringe scarf from Urban, and turq boots from Beacon's in Brooklyn.

God Bless America.





4 comments:

  1. Aahahhahahhahahha. I love it.... Just the other day, Shawn and I heard something on the radio and he was like:" Oh Bon Jovi, Bon Jovi" Now Bon Jovi has a new meaning = Ginevra aaahhaha

    BTW I came to the States when I was 17, not 14.

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay okay. 17. haha. that is less outrageous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freakin Fantastic!!! Hope your day ROCKS!

    ... That would sound way more cheesy if I didn't already use that term on a regular basis - rtfo!! - haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the outfit and thanks for the shout-out :)

    ReplyDelete