Lady In The Attic.

, , 3 comments
I don't have very much to say today. Spent most of the day on the sofa watching football. Go Jaguars!!! If anyone saw that game they know it was utterly amazing right there at the end. I am still reeling from the adrenaline rush. This was a tough weekend of football games tied to the very last second that, thankfully, kept ending in victory.

I remember my aunt saying a few weeks ago how she kept football on in the background because it "sounded like fall". How true that is.



My mom just moved into a new house. The original owners of the home had a live in maid who stayed upstairs in the attic. We crawled up there today. It is a pretty standard attic [with exposed insulation and unfinished flooring] except for the room where the maid used to live. Here I am squatting down, beckoning her spirit to come forth. No such luck.

Wearing Dolce Vita moto boots, Urban sweater, and jeggings from Anomaly.

If the lady is still hanging around, maybe she will keep up with some of the chores for my madre. I know she'd appreciate it.

3 comments:

  1. It makes me think of The Madwoman in the Attic - the landmark book that analyses English literature from the feminist perspective: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Madwoman_in_the_Attic, and the Italian female literature seminar I attended when I first learnt about it (and got "indoctrinated", i.e. found out that I wasn't crazy just because I didn't want to have kinds).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I wanted to say "the Italian female literature seminar where I first learnt ..." and "kids", not "kinds" - all those mistakes - compliments of my jetlag ... All the best from Vegas, Ewa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ewa! That reminds me a lot of the story "The Yellow Wallpaper". If you haven't read it yet, you have to! It sounds like it is right up your alley. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Yellow_Wallpaper

    And also The Awakening, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Awakening_(novel).

    I can't believe they had someone living in the attic in that house... it is not even a very large house [3 bedroom, 2 bath]. I guess back then it was considered a mansion, but still. Poor woman.

    ReplyDelete