Irish Wool.

, , 3 comments
I understand why people up north, or in cold, frigid climates like ours has been of late, wear wool all the time. That shiz is so warm and cozy!!

My dad and step-madre went to Ireland a few years back, before the husband and I went there on our honeymoon. Seriously, if you are looking for a great European vacation spot, that is your place! It is a wonderful country, magical almost. I definitely left a piece of me there. A good piece that I was glad to leave behind to constantly live amidst the wonders of Ireland.

Anyway! I'm sidetracked. My dad and stepmom brought back some Irish wool for each of us. I was the lucky recipient of this fantastic, rock and roll inspired wool jacket/long cardigan thing. I have struggled to figure out how to wear it for a long time and have only brought it out a few times. But I love it.



Wearing the wool jacket with JEGGINGS [what you think, Gin?] from Anomaly here in Jacksonville, mauve sweater from Urban, white tank, black Dolce Vita moto boots, black pashmina, and cream fingerless gloves knitted by my friend. Even in degrees hovering near 40 I was sufficiently warm.







I wore it tied most of the day. The ties are soft leather strips with red and black leather fringe at the bottom.

While the husband and I were in Ireland we got some more Irish wool and also watched a documentary from our hotel room ON Irish wool. It's really fascinating stuff. Seriously. Haha. Another odd thing about the Irish is what they had playing on television. Lots of bizarre game shows, documentaries and shows about vampires and warewolves, with the occasional track race.

Dear Ireland, I love you and will be back soon. Even if I look way more Irish than the blood in my body really is, I will claim you wholeheartedly!

3 comments:

  1. I love that cardigan. It's amazing. I regret not buying anything when I was in Ireland. They had the best hats ever.

    I like the jeggings too. They look like skinny jeans to me.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent cardigan, very now! wish i had one

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you! maybe you can roam some irish streets and find one similar. :)

    ReplyDelete