Something New.

, , No Comments
I have been eying the clog trend for a while now. The thing about trends is that they are great and they are also dangerous. If you follow them too closely you run the risk of being... dare I say it... "trendy". But if you don't follow them at all, well, then you run the risk of being... dare I say even worse... "out of touch".

Anyway, I have wanted a pair of clogs for a while now. Love the vintage throwback, love the chunky yet girly feel to them, and I really adore anything that has some semblance of a woodland creature.









These clogs came to me in the form of an undersized jacket exchanged for cash which then purchased these lovelies on sale at DSW. Actually, on clearance. I am [now] a full supporter of not buying things just because they are marked down, but when a gem lands in your lap, you polish it up and take it home with you.

I am also wearing my Silence + Noise jeans, a new BCBG top given to me for Xmas by my sis and a scarf that was given to me by my step bro. [I have some fashion forward siblings!] The mixed prints is another trend I've been into, but haven't really tried. These together kind of remind me of Gretchen Jones from the latest season of Project Runway.



Anyway, it is nice to have some new things to wear. I am so grateful for our break from shopping. It has genuinely been a cleansing experience. But I am ready for it's end. Ready for the fresh start and to redefine what shopping and clothes and consumerism and my closet mean to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment