It Is You, My Desert Flower, That I Am Dreaming Of.

, , 1 comment
This morning was a struggle. I put on about ten variations of outfits and ended up wearing one of my old go-tos. Which, now, will no longer be a go-to outfit since I can't wear any outfit more than once. Sigh... Although, I do love this look. Simple, a little elegant, but the exaggeration of the sheer top, the over-sized sleeves and the long ties, give it a little extra drama. I am pretty anti-drama these days, but a little [teeny] bit never hurt anyone. In small doses, it makes people/places/things more interesting. There is a fine line between the interesting and the absurd.



I am wearing black Cheap Monday skinny chords, dusty rose tube top, cream/sheer blouse from alloy.com [really cheap clothing, but for trendy bits, not a bad place to shop because it is so... cheap], and black patent leather loafer heels. The scarf was a gift from my dad, acquired during one of his visits to Thailand or Vietnam. Can't remember which.

I spent last night painting a water color landscape of a cracked desert. It's harder than I thought it would be, but I loved spending my hours brush in hand, Devotchka and Yann Teirsen dancing through the airwaves. It's possible that the beauty of that barren landscape snuck its way into my mind this morning while I got dressed.



XOHil

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture. It s great. I am also keeping my fav. outfits for hard time. It's funny to see that we are all the same. ahhaha

    ReplyDelete