Goodbye Bag.

, , 3 comments
“I am obsessed with those shoes,” “OMG I need to have those,” “Oh I loveeee this,” “OMG it’s heaven here!” Those are just few of the sentences women and men into fashion will say drooling on items that spark something in them. Obsession, love, desire. It reminds me of Rene` Girard and the mimetic desire, aka triangular relationship. In simplistic words he argues that we tend to desire what others desire. The imitation of desire is a reflection of what the enemy possesses. For example, I was drooling over Hilary’s boots yesterday, especially because she only paid $26. I wanted them so bad, because I would too look cool. I am imitating her desire. So I am borrowing her desire that was never mine in the first place. This is very true if we think about the use of celebrities for fashion lines. Have you really taken a look at some of the items celebrities wear, or their fashion lines? Yes, it is crap my friends, real crap, but somehow we desire that look. We will buy that crap, because we want what they have. Just take a look at the picture below:



Really that skirt? Did she wrap an ‘80s pattern bed sheet around her vagina? And really ankle boots, bare legs with a skirt? Don’t you know that ankle boots make your legs short? The top is the only decent item, but still unusual to wear without nothing underneath. Could I pull this look off? Probably. Could I pull it off in Tallahassee? Maybe at Fermentation after few drinks. I think you get the point. This does not mean that I have good style, as I had in the past showed some questionable outfits. This blog helps me to determine what the heck is wrong with my style.

My Picture:



Wearing Banana Republic's blouse; Jeans from Express and Boots from Ebay. Earrings from Fiorucci. Not sure if I like this outfit, or if I like the combination (boots and blouse?).

I forgot to mention that my fav. school bag is dead. :( Goodbye functional bag.



 

3 comments:

  1. i totally agree that a lot of celebs wear insane clothing that is just not right. no one should wear those things. and sadly, most often they aren't even dressing themselves so it's not even a personal form of self expression. they have stylists who lead them very very astray.

    i do share some desires with nicole richie though. and sienna miller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO! I LOVE that bag Gin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It might resurrect for Halloween as the evil bag that eats all the other bags...Right now it's in a trash can.

    ReplyDelete