Boots season

, , 1 comment
The more I am getting into our mission to dress with what sits in our closet the more I am faced with challenges. First, by taking pictures of my outfits I am actually realizing what looks good and awful on me. There are just certain items that need to be trashed, others replaced and many avoided. Especially when you are approaching 30 years old you just can’t still wear skirts that you used when you were 16. Another problem I am facing is that a lot of clothes just don’t fit the way they used to. I gained weight lately and I have not really worked out so I am facing my biggest challenge to this mission: getting inside my clothes. My solution is to go to the gym starting today and I guess be on diet. I can’t believe that this journey would reveal so many multifaceted issues, obstacles that are not related to something superficial as fabric on our skin. It is turning to be a reflexive journey where I finally face myself and my neglected side of life. I always avoid mirrors, but it is also true that according to Lacan’s mirror stages we learn about our Ego when facing in front of our image.

Inspiration: What's on my hair. I am wearing skinny jeans (my fav. jeans); Coach boots and Zara cardigan. The boots are my favorite boots, the best investment I ever done. I bought them because my male life partner bought an X-Box without really consulting me, so I decided to get something too. An expensive pair of Coach leather boots. It was the best justification.

1 comment:

  1. AH! I wish I looked like you with some added weight. Hahaha. But I know what you mean... fitting into your clothes well is one of the premier aspects of a good outfit. And eating well and exercising is always great. :)

    Also, love the boots, and the justification.

    XOHil

    ReplyDelete