My mother.

, , 2 comments
I got up this morning to go and study at Panera’s. It was around 9:00AM, which I don’t consider early on a Saturday. I walked in and the only many clients were elderly and pregnant women complaining about their orders. It was funny. What does it say about myself?

I usually spend Saturday studying, cleaning or chatting with my mom and my brother. I told my mother about my blog and she actually loved it. She rated all my outfit, but did not even give 5/5. ahahahah She is critical on the way I dress, in fact most of the clothes I wear I had bought with her, well she had bought for me. She is very generous and will send me clothes from Italy frequently. She knows I am a student on a budget. Plus I don't get to see her since she lives in Italy so shopping is a way to stay connect I guess. I don't like to go shopping. I don't like the mall. It's big and the neon lights get me dizzy. However, when my mom comes visit me it's another story. Shopping until 9PM becomes a fun activity; searching for the best item is an adventure, everything is fun when done with your mother. When we went to Munchen this summer with my partner and my dad, my mom and I decided to ditch the two men for some shopping, but we only had 2 hours to do it. It was raining and freezing but we managed to hit some stores. We did not buy anything and we ended up opting for architecture, which was, I have to say, better in that case. Nevertheless, shopping is a social event that connects people.



I am wearing: Boots: my mother's boots from when she was in her 20s. Dated 1970s. Pants: skinny black jeans by Miss Sixty, pashmina: from India, neckless: from Jordan (my mother's); belt: unknown but it was my mother's; jacket: Stefanel (my mother's); brown sweater: Zara (my mother's). As you can see I like shopping in my mother's closet. I am lucky enough to fit in a lot of her items. It's a very economical way to shop and own goo quality items;)

Inspiration: My mom

2 comments:

  1. i love this! it's so great that your mom can be such a huge inspiration for your fashion choices. i think a person's fashion says a lot about who they are as people, and it is so cool to have that kind of connection with your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the boots! I have clothing that used to belong to my mother, grandmother and great grandmother (things I somehow inherited or found at my farmer grandparents' attic)- and that's the best quality stuff, you wouldn't guess the years (not by the quality, hardly by the style).

    ReplyDelete