Beneath This Burning Clothesline.

, , 4 comments
Thank you Carey from Corks and Caftans [one of my favorite blogs] for posting a song by Cherry Ghost a while back. Recently purchased their latest album "Beneath This Burning Shoreline" as a part of my can't-buy-clothes-but-must-buy-something music purchasing spree. I am growing more and more obsessed as the listens go on.

The music is a little eerie, but definitely beautiful, and is a dead ringer for a certain aspect of my character. There is a depth to it that still wants to be pretty and soft. Maybe as a way to disguise its seriousness.

Anyway, I am pretty good at the pin leg look these days. I almost don't want to post this picture because I look so weird in it, in my opinion. But, I also find it hilarious so there you go. Hilarity wins.



I look like a dress form without legs. Ha!

Here is a better, leg visible shot.



Wearing a Torn by Ronny Kobo grey tank dress, an H&M light pink blouse with gargantuan sleeves, tan belt given to me by a friend for my bday [you rock, I love this belt!], multi-colored flats from Lulus.com, red Bali beaded earrings, turq ring.

I really love this outfit. Comfortable, first and foremost. And a new way to wear the things in my closet. Shirts/sweaters over maxi dresses might be my new fave.







 

4 comments:

  1. Love the outfit! You look great...and comfy...and yes, that is a killer belt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit and the song!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hil, that first picture! At first glance it looks like you have one of those really low lying protruding bellies (which obviously you don't). But an odd one bc you are slender up top! Haha.. I do like the outfit though :)

    ReplyDelete